MÉDECINS SANS FRONTIÈRES - SPAIN
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
MSF-Spain has the following vacant position:
Title: Administration Assistant , (Reference No. MS059)
Place of Work: ABUJA (30% Traveling to the field Projects)
Working Hours: Mon – Fri (8am to 5.30pm)
Salary: As per the MSF salary scale (national contract)
Grade Level: 6
Position in the Organization Chart
• Hierarchically and functionally accountable to the Personnel Administrative Manager (PAM) or to the
Human Resources Coordinator (HRCO) in the absence of the PAM.
Main Objective of the Position
• To assist in the managing of the national staff observing the IR and the legislation, and undertaking administrative tasks for the employees
• To collate monthly PENSION, NHF, NSITF, PAYE, IGI reports for the mission and timely submission to the Finance unit for their onward processing and payments
• Ensure the efficient management of the Health Insurance organisation in use, making sure that all national staff are duly registered across the projects and their HMO cards to access care are ready in good time.
• To provide support in the resolution of queries arising from PENSION contribution administration, NHF, NSITF, PAYE, IGI payments, remittances and reconciliation.
Responsibilities and Duties
Administration -Tax Offices
- Under the Supervision of the PAM, the Admin assistant is;
- To collate monthly tax offices reports PENSION, NHF, and NSITF& PAY for the mission and timely submission to the Finance unit for their onward processing and payments
- To provide support to the Pension Fund Administrators (PFA´s) and Admin Unit including assisting with the new electronic pension payment system- EPCCOS in ensuring its smooth operations
- To provide support in the resolution of queries arising from PENSION contribution administration, NHF, NSITF, PAYE, IGI payments, remittances and reconciliation.
- To respond to pension enquiries with prompt and accurate information, verbal and written, demonstrating attention to customer care and employee relationship management
- To register employees for the NHF contribution in all the projects and follow up with the focal Governmental agency on their registration numbers and employee passbooks
- To adequately ensure the proper filling and reconciliation of employee NHF passbooks while paying good attention to details in order to avoid errors in reconciliation
- To ensure Capital staff are registered with the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) with approved Tin numbers to remit their taxes (PAYE)
- To ensure professional relationship management of all the Governmental Agencies we interface with
- To maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines.
• Ensure the efficient management of the Health Insurance organisation in use, making sure that all national staff are duly registered across the projects and their HMO cards to access care is finalised in good time.
• Ensure the efficient management and reports of IGI- Industrial and General Insurance, life policy premium on behalf of National staff. Making sure all new staff are duly covered immediately and staff no longer in MSF employment are unsubscribed from the policy coverage.
• With the support of the PAM, ensure that Expats visas for extension, multiple re-entry, resident permits and STR visa are well followed up for processing with immigration and NPC respectively.
• To follow-up and report any evolution on the legislation that will go into force that could affect the organization or its staff
• Should be willing to undertake other tasks as necessary and not specified in the job description.
• Education: Desirable degree in Business or Administration, Finance or other related studies
• Languages: Mission working language essential, Country official language(s) : oral and written
• Experience: Essential working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs; Desirable experience with MSF or other NGOs;
Desirable working experience in developing countries
• Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel and Internet)
• As a humanitarian organization involved in emergency programs all national and international MSF staff is expected to be flexible and available for emergency response activities. S/he should be willing to undertake other tasks as necessary and not specified in the job description, supporting the mission activities in the response to potential emergencies and cover HR gaps or needs at field level.
• English spoken and written.
• Good computer skills (excel, word, outlook is an advantage).
• Capacity to work as a team, respectful and good working attitude.
• Organization and planning skills, initiative and proactive.
• Committed to humanitarian principles.
• Due to the nature of MSF operations, flexibility is indispensable and unavoidable.
• Committed to humanitarian principles.
• Sensitive and respectful of religious and cultural differences:
• Identification with Humanitarian, Cross Cultural Awareness, Self-Control, Quality and Results Orientation, Commitment, Stress Management
Method of Application
All applicants should send a CV and motivation letter either by email to:email@example.com
In person to MSF office, Road 131 House 10 Gwarinpa Housing Estate, Abuja
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: 12th September2017
Agencies and Organizations Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index