MÉDECINS SANS FRONTIÈRES - SPAIN
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
MSF-Spain has the following vacant position:
Title: NANNY (Reference No. AB02100)
Place of Work: Abuja
Working Hours: 48 Hours Per week
Salary: As per the MSF salary scale (national contract)
Grade Level: 2
Position in the Organization
Reports to (Hierarchical): Project HR Manager
Reports to (Functional): Project HR Manager
Job Family: HR & Administration
Being responsible for looking after the welfare of the infant/child, according to MSF hygiene standards and security rules, strictly observing the daily regimen specified by parents in written or oral instructions.
- Taking care of the infant/child during the day and carrying out tasks specified by the parents, following at all times all hygiene standards and security rules. When requested, preparing food and planning their daily activities
- Taking all possible measures to prevent accidents in home/external activity locations. Immediately informing the parents in case of accidents (injuries, falling, intoxication, etc.) and immediately providing the first aid and calling the medical doctor if required. Checking the health of the child (fever, insect bites, injuries, etc.) when called for
- Practicing self-education, learning child development methods and practicing developing games with infants/children based on their age.
- Accompany the children to activities and play date according the plan provided by the parents; ensuring following security rules of MSF during movements (cars, seat belt etc) and pay special and permanent vigilance in case of activities in water (swimming pool)
- Cook for the children and prepare a meal for the parents
- Looking after the cleanliness of the infant/child, including clothes and shoes as well the cleanliness of the room, domestic appliances, toys and other items surrounding the infant/child. When required, ironing child / children’s cloches
- Purchase items necessary according request from parents (food, hygiene products etc)
- Dressing the infant/child appropriately and taking care of the toilet needs of the child. When applicable, changing diapers regularly and giving a bath during the day and when requested, during the evening
- Using the home and kitchen appliances accurately and carefully to prepare proper meals for the infant/child
- Note: When staying at home while parents are out, child minder should not open the door to unauthorized people
• Education: •Pedagogical education, nursing education an asset
• Experience: •Experience in working with children in child care facilities or in families;
• Languages: •Local language and mission language essential
• Knowledge: •Knowledge and ability to practice child development activities
•Possession of good cultural standards
• Competencies: •Commitment to MSF Principles L1
•Behavioural Flexibility L1
•Stress Management L1
•Results and Quality Orientation L1
•Teamwork and Cooperation L1
•Service Orientation L1
The employee is encouraged to continually improve the skills associated with his/her position. The employee should also cooperate with co-workers in order to compensate for absences and changes in the project.
As a humanitarian organization involved in emergency programs all national and international MSF staff is expected to be available for emergency response activities.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association.
Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
Method of Application
All applicants should send a CV and motivation letter either by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In person to MSF office, Road 131 House 10 Gwarinpa Housing Estate, Abuja
Closing Date: Sunday 29th October, 2017.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Agencies and Organizations Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index