Abia State University, Uturu, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Director of Physical Planning
Location: Uturu, Abia
Person & Responsibility
- The Director of Physical Planning is the head of the Physical Planning Unit of the University, responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the co-ordination and supervision of the Physical/Infrastructural development of the University by ensuring that all such development projects, conform strictly with the specifications of the Institutions Master Plan.
The candidate must possess:
- A good Honours Degree in Architecture.
- The candidate must also be a registered and current member of any of the relevant professional bodies:
- Nigerian Institute of Architects (NIA)
- Architects Registration Council of Nigeria (ARCON)
- The candidate should be ICT literate and not more than fifty-five (55) years of age.
- Possession of a higher Degree in the relevant field of Specialization and a fellowship of any of the specialized bodies will be an added advantage.
- The candidate must have at least ten (10) years post-qualification experience.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their applications along with their Curriculum Vitae, which should include the following information:
- Full Names
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- State and Local Government of origin
- Permanent home address
- Current Post &/contact Address/Phone Number
- Marital Status
- Number of Children (with names and ages)
- Institution(s) attended (with dates)
- Academic and professional Qualifications (with dates)
- Honours, Distinctions and Membership of professional Bodies
- Working Experience
- Present Employment: Status, Salary and Employer
- Extra-curricular Activities
- List of publications, as appropriate, any other relevant information and
- Names and addresses of three (3) Referees (two of whom must be professionals in the candidates area of specialization).
The Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of claimed credentials must be attached to each application and forwarded in twenty- five (25) copies, to:
Abia State University,
- Applicants should also request their referees to send confidential reports on them, direct to the Registrar.
- Each submission should be in a sealed envelope, with the desired post clearly marked at the top left-hand corner.
- Only short-listed applicants would be invited for interview.