Abia State University, Uturu, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Bursar
Location: Uturu, Abia
Person & Responsibility
- The Bursar is a principal Officer and the Chief Financial Officer of the University responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
The Candidate must possess:
- A Degree/HND in Accountancy or related disciplines, with at least Second Class division or Upper Credit as appropriate and
- A professionally recognized Accountancy qualification of any of ACA, ACCA, CNA ACMA, CPA, FCA, from any of the following bodies:
- Institute of Chartered Accounts of England & Wales.
- Institute of Chartered Certified Accountants of London.
- Chartered Institute of Cost & Management Accountants.
- Association of National Accountants of Nigeria.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- The candidate should be ICT literate and not more than Fifty-five (55) years of age.
- A higher Degree in any of the relevant disciplines and a Fellowship of any of the recognized professional Accounting bodies would be an advantage.
- The candidate must have at least ten (10) years cognate experience beginning from year of graduation from the University.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their applications along with their Curriculum Vitae, which should include the following information:
- Full Names
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- State and Local Government of origin
- Permanent home address
- Current Post &/contact Address/Phone Number
- Marital Status
- Number of Children (with names and ages)
- Institution(s) attended (with dates)
- Academic and professional Qualifications (with dates)
- Honours, Distinctions and Membership of professional Bodies
- Working Experience
- Present Employment: Status, Salary and Employer
- Extra-curricular Activities
- List of publications, as appropriate, any other relevant information and
- Names and addresses of three (3) Referees (two of whom must be professionals in the candidates area of specialization).
The Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of claimed credentials must be attached to each application and forwarded in twenty- five (25) copies, to:
Abia State University,
- Applicants should also request their referees to send confidential reports on them, direct to the Registrar.
- Each submission should be in a sealed envelope, with the desired post clearly marked at the top left-hand corner.
- Only short-listed applicants would be invited for interview.