The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
In light of the displacement in the north eastern part of Nigeria, NRC is about to start up an emergency response programme in Nigeria to respond to the humanitarian needs.
In the coming months, the main focus for NRC would be conflict affected populations including IDPs, returnees and the local communities in Borno State. NRC will initially be starting activities in the area of food security, water and sanitation and shelter/NFI sectors. NRC is therefore seeking a Compliance Officer in Maiduguri, Nigeria. The Compliance Officer reports to the Finance Manager. Hence, we are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer in Norwegian Refugee Council
The reports to: Finance Coordinator
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Assist for the reconciliation of NRC bank accounts and cash boxes
• Establish a good tracking system for advances and ensure that clearance of advances is done on time.
• Ensure that all supporting documents are complete and accurate before the financial transaction is done.
• Ensure that weekly, monthly finance reports are prepared on time.
• Assist to prepare donors finance reports and proposals.
• Prepare day to day financial transactions
• Prepare postbacks for Agresso import
• Establish a good system of advances management
• Management of bank and cash transactions
• Facilitate cash counts and safeguard of cash in the office.
• Process vendors invoices and payments
• Maintain the purchase order system
• Experience from working as a Finance Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
• Degree in Accounting or related field
• At least 3 years of experience in a related function
• Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word
• Must be able to work under pressure
• Relevant experience in Finance and knowledge in Microsoft Office and accounting softwares.
• Excellent inter personal and communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
• Highest standards of ethics and integrity
• Organised and a good planner and possess significant understanding of complex emergencies
• Ability to work in insecure environments
• Communicating with impact and respect
• All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
• Commencement: ASAP
• Contract period: 12month
• Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s directions
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate can submit their Application letter and updated CV's to the following e-mail address: email@example.com The title of the position (e.g.: Compliance Officer- Maiduguri or Finance Officer-Abuja or Cook-Abuja) must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any application received after the deadline will not be considered
Closing Date: 15th April, 2016
Check other pages below for more jobs
|1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 |16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | | 23 | | 24 | | 25 | | 26 | | 27 | | 28 | | 29 | | 30 | | 31 | | 32 | | 33 | | 34 | | 35 | | 36 | | 37 | | 38 | | 39 | | 40 | | 41 | |42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 |57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83
Agencies and Organizations Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index