The French Section of Médecins Sans Frontières is recruiting for its project in Abuja:
1 MEDICAL COORDINATOR ASSISTANT
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Assist and support the Medical Coordinator/ Deputy Medical Coordinator in the implementation of the overall medical content, activity and resources in the missions, by assuming some tasks delegated by him/her and giving personal assistance in other specific activities, in order to facilitate the proper medical management of the projects and medical follow-up of the staff in the mission.
- Follows up/monitoring activity and defines objectives
- Participate actively in reflections and discussions on the evolution of MSF programs in the mission, contributing with his/her background and experience to the improvement of overall performance, adapting it to the changing reality and context.
- Compiling the data collected in the different field projects and participating in its analysis and graphic representation
- Participating in drawing up monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Support to projects
- Support projects’ development by answering medical questions from the field in absence of medical coordinator or deputy medical coordinator
- participating in briefings and debriefings of staff going for mission to the filed
- replacing temporarily a member of the field team when necessary, in order to keep a smooth functioning of the projects
- Follow-up patients referred by MSF field teams to the capital, organizing their transport, setting their further referral to reference facilities previously identified, doing follow-up on the treatment they receive and their evolution, and carrying out the administrative tasks associated, in order to keep special attention to most the complicated or sensitive cases.
- In the absence of a Mission pharmacy and pharmacy supervisor, help in organizing and managing the medical stock, updating emergency boxes, preparing and dispatching medical orders requested by the field, and participating in drawing up international orders and organizing their reception, in order to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness during the whole supply process.
- In support of the medical coordinator, represent MSF in meetings or with different stakeholders. Assist the MedCo in the stakeholder mapping (organigram of MoH, etc.)
- Medical follow up of staff health:
- Carry out medical follow-up of MSF national and international staff in application of MSF staff health policies, supervising together with the administrator the medical expenses associated, in order to protect personnel’s health state while keeping close control to the resources required.
- Participating in the implementation of the medical policy
- Participating in the evaluation of hospitalisation facilities which could act as reference facilities for national and international personnel
- Information gathering and data collection tasks, and elaborate regular reporting, in order to have updated and reliable information about the day-to-day activity in the project and support decision taking.
- Participates in the collection of medical information on the national health policy (meetings, reports, articles, guidelines, protocols etc.) and data (epidemiological data, statistics, etc.).
- inventory and management of the medical operational library in accordance with the filing arrangement
- Archiving of data, medical reports and patient files
- Organising the archiving of data and medical reports related to MSF projects
- Additional responsibilities and tasks might be assigned to him/ her based on the occasional needs of the mission.
In addition, on the request of the Medical Coordinator, carries out extra tasks (one-off reinforcement for a field team, participation in an evaluation/ Explorative mission, etc.).
Required Skills and Conditions
• Education: • Doctorate in Medicine or paramedical degree.
• Specialization or training in tropical disease, desirable.
• Experience: • Desirable working experience in MSF or other NGO’s.
• 12 months of minimum clinical experience.
• Languages: • Mission language essential.
• Knowledge: • Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet).
• Competences: • Teamwork
- Abuja, Nigeria.
- Unlimited contract.
Submit your CV, copies Of qualifications and a cover letter with contact details to the MSF Administration Office in Abuja at No 26 Olu Agabi Close Life Camp. Gwarimpa District. ("Application Box" at the Watchmen Desk). With reference (MEDCO ASSIST)
Applications can be submitted in person or by email to: email@example.com
Deadline for the submission of applications: 16th of December, 2017.
Please make sure to submit your application by this date.
NB: only successful applicants will be called for interview.
Notice: No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.
Closing Date: 16th of December, 2017.
Check other pages below for more jobs
|1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 |16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | | 23 | | 24 | | 25 | | 26 | | 27 | | 28 | | 29 | | 30 | | 31 | | 32 | | 33 | | 34 | | 35 | | 36 | | 37 | | 38 | | 39 | | 40 | | 41 | |42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 |57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93
Agencies and Organizations Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index