The French Section of Médecins Sans Frontières is recruiting for its project in Borno:
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
• Ensure general functioning of the pharmacy and supervise pharmacy supply chain processes in accordance with MSF’s standards, in order to ensure its efficiency and operating availability.
• Define storage, stock management and supply processes, as well as hygiene and security procedures, tools, and protocols (controlling pests and rodents), implementing appropriate quality controls and records, in order to ensure good storage conditions (temperatures, humidity and light exposure) and availability of drugs and medical material. This will be done according to MSF protocols, national regulations and in cooperation with the logistics department.
• Coordinate the delivery, reception and recording of international and local orders, in close coordination with the logistics department, updating stock files and informing line managers on their status (shortfalls, over-stocking, expiry dates), in order to permanently ensure security stock levels and ensure efficient management of stock.
• Supervise orders of medical and drug material in order to ensure an efficient and appropriate consumption pattern under budget constraints.
• Supervise the supply drugs to patients, according to medical prescriptions, informing them on consumption patterns and keeping conditions in order to ensure their therapeutic progression
• Ensure efficient supply to other pharmacies managed/supported by MSF according to orders and stocks, and using cold chain when needed. Monitor and analyse orders of depending pharmacies in order to avoid ruptures of stock or having expired drugs.
• Supervise, with the HR department, the associated processes (sizing, staff shifts, recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal/external communication) of the pharmaceutical team and the nursing staff, in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and to improve their dispensing capabilities.
• Report on drug consumptions and medical equipment dispensed according to protocols, informing on unusual patterns as well as forecasting future needs, in order to rationalise the budget and to ensure availability.
• Records all items received and issued in computer (Isystock)
• Assist in training of nursing staff regarding dispensing of drugs and their side effects.
• Essential, degree of pharmacy management or nursing related studies., or medical profile
• At least 1 year certified work experience as a pharmacy manager
• Essential mission and local language
• Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
• Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, stress management.
• Monguno (Nigeria).
• 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required.
Method of Application
Submit your CV, qualifications and a cover letter with contact details to the MSF Admin’ Office in Borno ("Application Box" at the Watchmen Desk).
Applications can be submitted in person or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for the submission of applications: 12th of August 2016
Important: Please make sure to inscribe in the subject: position and place of work you apply for.
Please make sure to submit your application on or before this date.
NB: only successful applicants will be called for interview.
Notice: No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.
Closing Date: 12th August, 2016
Agencies and Organizations Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index