Médecins Sans Frontières is recruiting for its project in Port Harcourt:
1 SOCIAL WORKER
Open To All Qualified Persons
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
• Works in collaboration with Clinic team to identify social needs of patients. Respond to the patient’s social needs, according to the scope of the project, by giving direct social support (as transport, food, legal advice,) and/or refer to other social actors, in order to actively contribute to the improvement of their quality of living.
• Contact patients to follow up the evolution of their condition when needed (home visits, defaulter tracing)
• Participate in the creation of any material needed for the activities of social workers. Take care of social services facilities, materials and equipments in order to ensure continuity.
• Mapping, liaison and regular update of social partners, local authorities, other NGOs, and governmental social services in order to improve social services scope and responsiveness.
• Keep records, statistic and files updated, reporting any social activity, in order to prioritize and develop appropriate programs or projects.
• Liaise with IEC HP Officer (Outreach Officer) in regards to identifying target populations for outreach activities and regarding Social actors mapping
• Liaises with Assistant Project Coordinator in regards to social aspects involving police authorities
• Write monthly reports of activities including activities performed, planned activities, challenges encountered in conjunction with the clinic team
• This job description may be amended, depending on the evolution of work. In addition to the tasks mentioned above, the person may be required to perform other duties assigned by the Medical team leader or project coordinator according to the needs of the mission.
Required Skills and Conditions
• Education: Desirable degree in Social Sciences
• Experience: Two years minimum in a similar social job; experience with MSF or other NGOs, desirable.
• Languages: Essential, local languages (pidgin) and mission language.
• Competences: Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, service, maintains confidentiality.
• Port Harcourt
• Unlimited contract
Method of Application
Submit your CV, copies of qualifications and a cover letter with contact details to the MSF Administration Office at No. 20 Bodo Street. G.R.A Port Harcourt, Rivers State ("Application Box" at the Watchmen Desk). With reference (SOCIAL WORKER PHC)
Applications can be submitted in person or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for the submission of applications: 15th December 2015.
Please make sure to submit your application by this date.
NB: only successful applicants will be called for interview.
Notice: No monetary transactions, neither demands of favors in kind, nor other types of favoritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process. MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.
Closing Date: 15th December, 2015
Check other pages below for more jobs
|1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 |16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 |
Agencies and Organizations Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index