World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
World Health Organization (WHO) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer-Resource mobilization and Donor Relations
Vacancy Notice No: AFRO/16/TASR20
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Contract type: Temporary Appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Organization unit: AF_WSR AF West Sub-Region (AF_WSR) / AF_NGA Nigeria (AF_NGA)
Objectives of the Programme
• The objective of the EPI programme is to support national authorities to provide high quality immunization services that will contribute to:
• The reduction of mortality, morbidity and disability from vaccine preventable diseases through the optimum use of available and new vaccines and
• The strengthening of national health systems as well as efforts to achieve the national development goals.
Description of Duties
• In collaboration with Global Polio Eradication Initiative (GPEI) partners and the national authorities, develop stakeholder communication and engagement strategy that is aligned to the immunization strategic plans;
• Regularly map donors' presence at country level, including contact details, areas of focus interventions in country and relationships and advise the programme on specific strategies for successful engagement;
• Work closely with counterparts at country, regional and global levels to ensure consistent immunization advocacy efforts and generation of periodic briefing documents;
• Organize donor briefings, provide support to donor missions to Nigeria and participate in donor coordination mechanisms at country level as required;
• Undertake capacity building activities in support of immunization efforts with particular focus on effective stakeholder engagement and community outreaches;
• Contribute to WHO Country Office communication media with up-to-date information on immunization activities and disseminating to donors/partners when pertinent information is available;
• Develop and implement a plan to ensure consistent communication with donors and partners on the work of WHO in the areas of immunization by regularly documenting WHO's interventions, best practices and contributions towards supporting the national health plan in general and immunization in particular;
• Coordinate with concerned units to prepare grant proposals for submission to donors as per agreed templates and timelines;
• Support in preparation of quality and timely technical and financial reports to donors based on grant agreements or MoUs signed with WHO;
• Perform other activities as required by WHO Representative.
• Essential: A Master's level Degree in International Relations, Communications, Marketing, Public Health, Political Science, Public Administration, Business Management or other related area.
• Desirable: Training in public health or epidemiology from recognized academic institution.
"In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/ . Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and these will be reviewed individually".
• Excellent proposal and report writing skills;
• Ability to work effectively with colleagues at national and international levels;
• Ability to provide leadership, monitor progress and design studies;
• Fully conversant in word-processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
• Producing results;
• Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond;
• Promoting WHO's position in health leadership.
• Communicating in a credible and effective way;
• Fostering integration and teamwork;
• Ensuring the effective use of resources;
• Essential: At least seven years of resource mobilization experience of which at least three should be working in an international environment with NGOs, international organizations, multi-national institutions .
• Desirable: Experience in public health at country office level in relevant geographic region.
• Excellent knowledge of English. A knowledge of the other UN languages would be a asset.
• WHO's salaries are calculated in US dollars. They consist of a base salary and a post adjustment (for international positions only) which reflects the cost of living in a particular duty station and exchange rates.
• Other benefits include: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, home travel (for international positions only), education grant for dependent children (for international positions only), pension plan and medical insurance.
• Annual salary: (Net of tax)
• USD 69032 at single rate
• USD 74130 with primary dependants
Post Adjustment: 47.3 % of the above figure(s). This percentage is to be considered as indicative since variations may occur each month either upwards or downwards due to currency exchange rate fluctuations or inflation.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click Here to Apply
Note: Candidates appointed to an international post with WHO are subject to mobility and may be assigned to any activity or duty station of the Organization throughout the world.
Closing Date: 11th March, 2016
Check other pages below for more jobs
|1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 |16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | | 23 | | 24 | | 25 | | 26 | | 27 | | 28 | | 29 | | 30 | | 31 | | 32 | | 33 | | 34 | | 35 | | 36 | | 37 | | 38 | | 39 | | 40 | | 41 | |42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 |57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61
Agencies and Organizations Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index