Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment - The Government of Nigeria has emphasized the importance of diversifying the economy, supporting sectors that have potential for growth and creating massive employment. In line with this commitment, the Government has sought and received Credit from the World Bank to help Nigeria support Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) operating in different high potential sectors throughout the country. This support is being implemented under the Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment (FMIT&I) and operationalized in the Growth and Employment (GEM) Project.
The GEM Project Development Objective is to increase firm growth and employment in participating firms in Nigeria. The project became effective in July 2013, and will close in September 2018. The project focuses on manufacturing and service sectors, specifically supporting 1CT, entertainment, tourism and hospitality, light in manufacturing and construction. Project support addresses crosscutting sector issues, assistance to specific clusters, and more direct support to firms channeled through a platform - called the Business Innovation and Growth (BIG) Platform providing various trainings, technical assistance and grant schemes. The GEM Project intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments for consulting services.
The consulting services (‘the Services’) include implementation support to the project as regards to the daily management and coordination of all activities on the BIG Platform.
The GEM Project of FMIT&I now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest for the position as stated below:
Job Title: BIG Platform Unit Manager in Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment
Package Ref. #: GEM/CS/IC/2015/107
The BIG portal manager will be involved in the following activities:
• Oversee the design, development and management of all IT related activities including online infrastructure and supporting systems;
• Develop update and track progress against a comprehensive work plan with feasible timelines that are agreeable to stakeholders
• Co-ordinate all training activities on the BIG Portal.
• He/She will be working closely with the Business Edge training institution as well as contractors in charge of providing cluster-specific training programs
• Co-ordinate activities with the Business Development Marketplace and ensure all BD service providers are integrated into the BIG Portal;
• Co-ordinate activities with the Grant Administrator Firm to ensure all MSMEs have equal access through the BIG portal to grant schemes;
• Co-ordinate with the Monitoring and Supervision Finn to ensure that the GEM project is able to 1) report on the activities being developed and financed. 2) cheek that the foods are used in a transparent manner and 3) measure the impacts of the GEM activities;
• Facilitate updates of progress of all activities to the stakeholder (FP1U Coordinator, World Bank, Senior Government Officials, other development partners);
• Do quality checks on the outputs and deliverables to be done by each BIG team member, the Monitoring and Supervision firm, the Grant Management firm, the IT firm, the Business Edge training institution and the BO market place consultants;
• Report to the Project Coordinator on the performance of the BIG related contracts, namely each BIG team member the Monitoring and Supervision firm, the Grant Management firm, the IT firm, the Business Edge training institution and the SD market place consultants
• She/he must demonstrate having the relevant qualifications, prior managerial experience in both the technical and administrative functions
• Evidence of at least one substantial experience as the project team lead or manager of a unit in a large and internationally supported project;
• Evidence of minimum of 10 years working experience with Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises providing support in business development, training, dc;
• A post graduate degree in Management, Economics, Public Policy, MIS or related discipline
• In-depth knowledge of the Nigerian private sector and business environment;
• Proven ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment, with excellent teamwork and diplomatic skills; also should be fluent in English.
Method of Application
Expressions of Interest must be submitted in two (2) hard copies (one original and one copy plus one CD Rom) in a sealed envelope clearly marked "Expression of Interest for the engagement of individual consultant to Manage Business Innovation and Growth (BIG) Platform" delivered to the address below in person, or by courier mail:
The Project Coordinator
Growth and Employment (GEM) Project,
Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment,
Block G, Room 225,
Old Federal Secretariat,
Tel: +2348039265356 or +2348051763523
• The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to "paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrower Revised January 2011 and 2014" setting faith the World Bank policy on Conflict of Interest, individual Consultant will be selected accordance with the Procedures set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
• Further information can be obtained at the address above during office hours [from 09hours to 1600 hours] Monday through Friday (Except Public Holidays )from the Project Coordinator, Tel: +2348039265356 or + 2348057763523.
Interested candidates should provide information demonstrating that they have the requisite qualifications and experience to perform the services.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 17th February, 2016
Check other pages below for more jobs
|1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 |16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | | 23 | | 24 | | 25 | | 26 | | 27 | | 28 | | 29 | | 30 | | 31 | | 32 | | 33 | | 34 | | 35 | | 36 | | 37 | | 38 | | 39 | | 40 | | 41 | |42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 |57 | 58 | 59 | 60
Agencies and Organizations Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index