1 DEPUTY LOGISTIC COORDINATOR
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
• Support the Logistic coordinator through delegated tasks and responsibilities and replace the LOGCO’ in his/her absence.
• In general terms, the Deputy Logistics Coordinator will participate and collaborate with the Logistics coordinator in the definition and implementation of all technical and logistics strategies and support to the field. This implies ensuring the pertinence and coherence of logistics programs, the adequacy of the means provided and the compliance of MSF standards and protocols in order to enable the development of the mission in perfect working conditions and optimize the impact of the medical projects.
• The Deputy Logistics Coordinator specialized in supply will elaborate supply strategies and coordinates the implementation of an efficient mission supply chain, according to MSF protocols and standards
• Participate actively in the definition and update of annual project planning and budgets and the Emergency Preparation Plan, defining strategy and advising the Logistics Coordinator in the translation of the identified logistical / technical needs into objectives, priorities and resources needed for intervention.
• Monitor implementation of logistics/technical activities in the mission (construction and rehabilitation, stock and supply of medical and non-medical material, transport, communications, water and sanitation, vehicles and engines, equipment/installation and infrastructures, etc.) ensuring compliance of MSF standards, protocols and procedures, and reporting to the HoM on the development of the ongoing programmes and proposing reorientation strategies when needed.
Required Skills and Conditions
• Essential technical/logistics degree/diploma. Computer literacy.
• Essential working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs, experience with MSF or other NGOs in developing countries.
• Team management
• Good negotiation capabilities
• English both in spoken and written
• Hausa and French and added advantage.
• Abuja (Nigeria).
• 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required.
Method of Application
Submit your CV, copies of qualifications and a cover letter with contact details to the MSF Admin’ Office in Abuja(No 26 Olu Agabi Close Life Camp, Gwarimpa District) ("Application Box" at the Watchmen Desk).
Applications can be submitted in person or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for the submission of applications: 7th February 2016.
Please make sure to submit your application on or before this date.
NB: only successful applicants will be called for interview.
Notice: No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.
Closing Date: 7th February, 2016
Check other pages below for more jobs
|1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 |16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | | 23 | | 24 | | 25 | | 26 | | 27 | | 28 | | 29 | | 30 | | 31 | | 32 | | 33 | | 34 |
Agencies and Organizations Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index