Save the Children is the leading independent organization creating lasting change in the lives of children in over 120 countries around the world. Recognized for our commitment to accountability, innovation and collaboration, our work takes us into the heart of communities, where we help children and families help themselves. We work with other organizations, governments, non-profits and a variety of local partners while maintaining our own independence without political agenda or religious orientation. Save the Children's mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. Save the Children is looking for experienced development professionals to work within the Nigeria Country Programme. These roles will be critical for the delivery of results for children expected by this programme.
Director, Human Resources and Administration
As a member of the Nigeria Senior Management Team (SMT) the Director of HR& Administration shares in the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the Country Office (CO). He/she is accountable to the Country Director for government relationships and the provision of effective HR and administrative services in both emergencies and development programming contexts.
As a member of the Senior Management Team, contribute to:
• Leadership of the Nigeria Country Office;
• Support the development of an organisational culture that reflects our values, promotes accountability and high performance, encourages a team culture of learning, creativity and innovation, and frees up our people to deliver outstanding results for children and excellent customer service for our members and donors;
• Help design and implement a coherent organizational structure that is consistent with agency practices and appropriate to program needs;
• Help establish, maintain, and improve active and regular working relationships with: host government authorities, partner agencies including humanitarian and development donors, and local and international NGOs;
• Ensure the Nigeria Country Office complies with all Save the Children strategy, policies and procedures, essential standards, legal context.
• Postgraduate Degree/MBA in Human Resources or Business Administration;
• Minimum of 10 years of management experience in a corporate or an I/NGO environment, including experience in the development of strategic and operational support services plans and their implementation in a professional work environment over a sustained period of time;
• Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams in the event of emergencies;
• Experience in capacity building and setting frameworks for staff development;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to demonstrate skills in leading a multi- disciplined team through a period of change;
• Analytical, decision making and strategic planning skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities;
• Ability to coach, mentor, delegate appropriately and provide developmental guidance to supervised staff;
• Competent level skills in HRIS, IT applications, particularly MS Office;
• A commitment to the values and principles of Save the Children;
• Experience of exposure to developing countries and Nigeria in particular.
Please note that Individuals who have previously applied for this position need not re-apply
Kindly send your CY and qualifying statements to:
Nigeria.OperationsVacancy@savethechildren.org; on or before January 4, 2016 explaining why you are suitable for the position you are applying for. State position clearly in the subject field as applications without appropriate subject will be disqualified. Also, applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Please note that applications will be treated as they are received and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In order to apply for more great opportunities, please visit our website on www.savethechildren.net/jobs.
For more information and to support our work, please visit our website on www.savethechildren.net
Our selection processes reflect our commitment to safeguard children from abuse. Our people are as diverse as the challenges we face.
Would You Like To Make An Impact On Children's Lives? Join Us!!!
Closing Date: 4th January, 2016
Check other pages below for more jobs
|1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 |16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 |
Agencies and Organizations Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index