Job Title: Driver in Mercy Corps Nigeria
Location: Gombe, Adamawa and Borno
• The Driver will work within the Logistics department of Operational Support structure, committed to provide reliable and compliant support to program activities in order to achieve efficient service to program beneficiaries.
• The driver will provide safe, transport services for MC program and support staff in South Borno. The driver will adhere to all traffic and MC safety rules and follow the transport guidelines required by the MC transport department.
• Operate MC vehicles as assigned by supervisor;
• Maintain vehicle log-sheets in accordance with MC policies/regulations;
• Check the vehicle conditions after each trip/routinely report needs and problems to transport management;
• Adhere to all safety and communication protocols as advised by Mercy Corps and supervisor;
• Responsible for the safekeeping of all vehicle equipment, tools, first aid kits, spares etc.;
• Keep the vehicle ready, clean and on standby ready for use at all times;
• Assist, as required, with logistics in the office and guesthouse daily workloads;
• Cooperate and be of assistance to staff and visitors assist in troubleshooting potential problems during daily business;
• Report all maintenance needs of the vehicle to transport management on a regular basis;
• Undertake field assignments as assigned;
• Adherence to all MC policies and procedures as outlined in MC policies and procedure manuals;
• Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in country of operation;
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Experience
• Valid drivers license and experience driving 4x4 vehicles.
• Must demonstrate knowledge and application of all safety and traffic rules.
• Basic understanding of English and fluency in Hausa.
• Knowledge of routes, duty stations, project areas, the NGO and diplomatic community is required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV's and Cover Letters in one document, addressing the position requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: All applications must include the position title in the subject line and not more than 4 pages. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity organization and we strongly encourage women to apply for this position.
Closing Date: 26th January, 2016
Check other pages below for more jobs
|1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 |16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 |
Agencies and Organizations Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index