Emergency Team PROJECT COORDINATOR
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
• Emergency Team Project Coordinator Is responsible for MSF operational response in the Project. In close collaboration with the capital team, define and plan the Project objectives and priorities, identifying population’s health and humanitarian needs, analyzing the context and the humanitarian issues at stake, the risks and constraints and calculating human and financial needs.
• Coordinate, in close collaboration with the Head of Mission, its implementation in order to efficiently ensure the goals as well as to improve targeted population’s health conditions and humanitarian situation,
• Represent MSF within project limits. In close consultation with the Head of Mission and the Medical Coordinator, develop institutional contacts with national partners at project’s level (civil society, civil and military authorities, local NGOs, Ministry of Health representatives, etc.) as well as with media in order to obtain all information and agreements necessary for the integration of MSF’s programmers in the local context and improve the targeted population’s awareness on them.
• Together with the project team, evaluate needs by identifying the population’s health status, by analyzing the context (environment, actors involved, negotiations for access etc.) and associated risks and constraints in order to define priorities and projects goals and to calculate material, human and financial resources needed.
• Propose and carry out exploratory missions, according to Head of Mission’s and/or Medical Coordinator’s indications, in order to better comprehend context, priorities, constraints and population needs.
• Ensure a data collection and epidemiological surveillance system, in prior agreement with the Medical Coordinator, in order to define medical and technical programs and preventative protocols for the targeted population.
• Steer and supervise the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the programmers in collaboration with the team, by collecting information and comparing it with the objectives, schedules in order to monitor progression and early detect deviations and propose corrections.
• Provide reporting to the coordination team on project’s evolution and propose corrections if needed,
• Elaborate the Project’s institutional memory, keeping written records (and file them) on its development, in order to broadcast MSF achievements and improve awareness.
• Monitor the risks and threats around the project(s), documenting the situation and analyzing the consequences of political decisions or negotiations in course, in order to bear witness of and to render the populations' distress public.
• In coordination with the Medical Coordinator, Administration Manager and Activity Managers, plan and organize the organizational charts, plan and distribute tasks and workload among the teams, guiding their understanding of the issues linked to the Project and the Mission through regular working meetings and feedback, in order to ensure an efficient deployment of the resources and the achievement of the expected goals.
• Inform the Emergency team on field missions on the instructions given by the Capital promoting fluent, smooth written and oral communication and information flow and ensuring confidentiality and full compliance with security rules and medical ethics.
• Supervise full implementation of safety and health protocols, reporting to the Medical Coordination on risky behaviours, in order to ensure safe working conditions for the project staff.
• Be responsible of the proper application of HR policies and associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, potential, detection, staff’s development and internal communication) in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the activities he/she is accountable for.
• In coordination with the Medical Coordinator and Administration Manager, identify training needs, provide individual follow up and coaching, carry out end of mission evaluation of the team members and lead internal communication initiatives in order to facilitate people’s integration and professional development and to maximize their capabilities and commitment to MSF values and project’s goals.
• Supervise the project material resources put at MSF’s disposition in order to ensure a correct use and its longevity.
• Supervise all orders (medical and logistical) and the Project’s purchases as well as the financial indicators, with the support of the capital referents, in order ensure efficiency and early detect deviations and its causes.
• Define and regularly update, in close collaboration with the Head of Mission, the Project’s security policy and strategic response to emergencies, reporting any concerning issue, in order to improve risk working conditions and to ensure staff’s full adherence to security rules and protocols. Manages the security in the project, ensuring that all necessary security measures are in place for the safety of MSF staff and its operations
• Education: University degree from a recognized medical school
• Experience: (A) Essential working experience of at least two years in relevant similar jobs in other NGO’s, or previous field experience with MSF in different contexts. (B) Essential working experience in developing countries.
• Languages: Essential, mission working language.
• Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
• Strategic vision
• People Management & coaching
• Report writing
• The Emergency Team Coordinator will be based in Abuja with frequent travel throughout Nigeria, particularly Northern East part of the country. (30% MSF Abuja Office and 70% Field).
• 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required.
Method of Application
Submit your CV, qualifications and a cover letter with contact details to the MSF Admin’ Office in Abuja ("Application Box" at the Watchmen Desk). (With Reference EPREP PROJECT COORDINATOR)
Applications can be submitted in person or by email to: email@example.com
Deadline for the submission of applications: 12th February 2016.
Please make sure to submit your application on or before this date.
NB: only successful applicants will be called for interview.
Notice: No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.
Closing Date: 12th February, 2016
Check other pages below for more jobs
|1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 |16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | | 23 | | 24 | | 25 | | 26 | | 27 | | 28 | | 29 | | 30 | | 31 | | 32 | | 33 | | 34 | | 35 | | 36 | | 37 |
Agencies and Organizations Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index