Marie Stopes Nigeria (MSION) is a results-orientated Social Business, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services.
MSION's goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services. MSION is part of Marie Stopes International's Global Partnership which is in over 42 countries worldwide.
Marie Stopes Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: External Relation Manager
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Reporting To: Programme Director
• The post holder is required to demonstrate: initiative; energy; persistence; results orientation; drive; integrity and discretion; enthusiasm; and commitment to personal development to further MSI's partnership mission of enabling individuals to have children by choice not chance.
• External Networking and Representation of MSION
• Lead on the formation of effective partnerships within the development arena to increase the status and level of recognition for MSION's work and mission and to influence the policy, practice and grant making decisions of donors and the NGO sector for a more enabling environment for delivery of sexual and reproductive health services.
• Successful collaborations arising media channels and special events, linking with communications and clinical teams as required
• Develop and lead advocacy strategies and initiatives in order to influence policy and budgetary outcomes among the main donor institutions, national working groups and government strategy documents from participation in key working groups
• Management of MSION project aimed at: increasing access to LARC through scaling up the implementation of the Approved Task Sharing Policy in Nigeria
• Work with relevant government ministry and partners to ensure buy in, in the operationalize the task sharing policy as it relates to the provision of LARC services
• Ensure visibility and raise the profile of MSION among key stakeholders, including selected donors partners, by organizing and attending meetings and maintaining professional relationships with strategically placed individuals within target institutions
• Create and support opportunities to highlight MSION policy messages and technical expertise to a wider audience through
• Relationship maintained and built with relevant actors
• New public platform created for MSIO to showcase technical expertise, raising MSION profile as the national leader in SRHR.
• Ensure quality and timely reports (programme and financial) are reported to the MSION SMT and donor
• Key lessons from the project are documented and disseminated
• Relationships maintained and built with relevant actors
• Timely and quality reporting of the project
• Develop and lead in the implementation of effective strategies that will deliver the project
• Work with key relevant partners to develop the project work-plan and ensure its implementation
• Lead in the management of the team and consultants that will implement the project
Policy Change and Advocacy
• Monitor and report relevant international health and development policy developments
• Build strong relationships with key policy makers and cooperating partners in order to influence policy change and place MSION in a strong position
• Information shared is relevant and timely
• Support Programme Director and others in the team to draft and finalize donor narrative and financial reports directly related to the
Policy Advisor Role
• Responsible for annual reports (or midterm if requested)
• Donor reporting submitted correctly and on time
• Successful implementation of funded projects
• Write proposals, in conjunction with the Programmes team, for further support
• Ensure implementation of the agreed project deliverables
• Maintain contacts database
• Minimum of a University Degree in Health Science, Social Science, or International Development Management; Master Degree is preferable
Skills and Experience
• Have significant experience of high level representation and strong presentation skills
• At least 5 years' experience in planning of advocacy campaigns and events
• Must be able to satisfy stakeholders
• Should be able to work in deadline driven/results orientated atmospheres Â• Strong people management skills
• Strategic guidance and planning skills
• At least 5 years' experience in external relations especially in the area of public health. Have existing relationships and connections within the Nigerian health sector (desirable)
• Ability to work well with others in team environments
• Motivated personally and professionally to develop
• Willingness to travel as requested
Method of Application
Interested and candidates should send their CV's and suitability statement as a single attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• The subject of the email should be the POSITION TITLE/LOCATION and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the applicant’s full name.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 31st December, 2015
Check other pages below for more jobs
|1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 |16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 |
Agencies and Organizations Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index