Job Title: Field Assistant in Mercy Corps Nigeria
Locations: Gombe, Adamawa, Borno
General Position Summary
• The project assistant will assist the program teams in the day to day implementation of all program activities in the areas of intervention.
Essential Job Functions
• Assist program officers to ensure program progress according to the developed schedule and work plan.
• Assist in the coordination in target geographical areas.
• Support in the process of beneficiary registration, community mobilization and sensitization.
• Assist in promoting community participation and inclusion so as to encourage community ownership over activities implemented.
• Ensure equal representation of various community groups in the implementation of activities.
• Assist in the facilitation of community meetings, focus group discussion and other as required by the program.
• Keep program officers and management updated with regards to security situation in the project implementation area.
• Provide weekly field reports, capturing activities progress, lessons learned as well as general situation and community updates and needs.
• Document lessons learned and success stories on the project.
• Adherence to all MC policies and procedures as outlined in MC policies and procedure manuals;
• Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in country of operation;
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience
• 1-2 years of working experience. Previous experience in community work is highly preferred.
• Proven ability to develop and maintain good relation with the local communities and project beneficiaries.
• Demonstrated skills in planning, organizing and reporting
• Bachelor's Degree in relevant field or equivalent experience is highly recommended
• Ability to work under pressure
• Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills
• Excellent oral and written skills and computer skills
• Fluency in English; fluency in Hausa is required.
• The successful candidate will be an effective communicator, with dedication towards community work, commitment to work long hours in the field conditions with limited access to resources.
• S/He will be highly motivated, with initiative and capable to work without direct supervision.
• S/he will be willing to conduct field travels and work in ethnically and culturally diversified and fast growing team.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV's and Cover Letters in one document, addressing the position requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: All applications must include the position title in the subject line and not more than 4 pages. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity organization and we strongly encourage women to apply for this position.
Closing Date: 26th January, 2016
Check other pages below for more jobs
|1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 |16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | | 23 | | 24 | | 25 | | 26 | | 27 | | 28 | | 29 | | 30 |
Agencies and Organizations Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index