Mercy Corps Nigeria’s humanitarian program aims to provide assistance to populations affected by the crisis in Northeast Nigeria. With funding from humanitarian donors including OFDA, FFP, and ECHO the humanitarian programs engage in several interventions including but not limited to food assistance, logistics and relief commodities, protection, livelihoods, WASH and capacity building of humanitarian response actors. Mercy Corps plans to scale up and expand its humanitarian response in Northeast Nigeria to reach more beneficiaries with additional and varied assistance in a wider geographic area. Mercy Corps plans to implement a program in 3 states “ISING” or Investing in the safety and integrity of Nigerian girls targeting adolescent girls and boys affected by the conflict in the Northeast.
Mercy Corps is recruiting to fill the positions of:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
General Position Summary
• The finance assistant under the direction of the Senior Finance Officer in Gombe awill assist in the processing and recording of payment transactions in timely and accurate manner.
• This position requires extensive travel to the field locations in Northeast states.
Essential Job Functions
• Prepare checks or wire transfer requests based on fully approved documents and present to approved check-signers for review and signature.
• Prepare bank payment vouchers and ensure that all bank transactions are properly and fully documented.
• Record payment vouchers daily in the appropriate batch in Navigator, ensuring information in Navigator is as accurate as possible, including dimensions and expense details.
• Contribute to an efficient filing system such that files are updated, complete and safeguarded
• Identify and resolve invoicing issues, accounting discrepancies and other financial related issues.
• Adherence to all MC policies and procedures as outlined in MC policies and procedure manuals;
• Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in country of operation;
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience
• Minimum 1 year of bookkeeping, accounting and finance. Experience in development sector is desirable.
• A Degree in Accounting or a relevant business field is desirable.
• Strong computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel is a must.
• Accuracy in the processing of cash transactions, mathematical aptitude and attention to detail
• Excellent oral and written English skills
• Fluency in Hausa language is needed.
• The successful candidate will combine strong technical skills, experience in watsan programs, and a can-do attitude. Ideally s/he will have previous experience in working in large-scale emergency programs in insecure and conflict-affected contexts, including remote management and capacity development.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV's and Cover Letters in one document, addressing the position requirements to: email@example.com
Note: All applications must include the position title in the subject line and not more than 4 pages. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity organization and we strongly encourage women to apply for this position.
Closing Date: 26th January, 2016
Check other pages below for more jobs
|1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 |16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 |
Agencies and Organizations Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index