Job Title: Livelihood Technical Officer in Mercy Corps Nigeria
General Position Summary
• The Livelihoods Technical Officer provides expert support to the livelihoods component of the program implementation and ensures the smooth running of the activities in compliance with program deliverables.
Essential Job Functions
• Overseeing the implementation of the programme livelihood activities in all 3 states.
• Ensure the cohesion of the overall livelihoods approach through a close working relationship with the programme manager and gender technical officer.
• Apply well researched and thought out interventions to restart livelihood activities.
• Lead where necessary community meetings to identify Livelihoods priorities.
• Mitigation where necessary maintaining a clear impartial profile for Mercy Corps in confusions or disputes between community/association/group members.
• Liaise with local government maintaining an impartial profile for Mercy Corps based on the ethos of its humanitarian mission as an INGO.
• Conduct where necessary workshops to identify livelihoods priorities with key groups and to disseminate pertinent livelihoods information.
• Bring to the attention of the Programme Manager areas where formal agreements should be made e.g. MOU’s.
• Conduct surveys, need assessments, data and information collection as and when required for the on-going program or future project proposals in livelihoods.
• Participate in NGO and INGO meetings on Livelihoods and represent MC as requested in coordination forums related to Livelihoods.
• Ensure all Livelihoods programs activities are in line with government strategy.
• Provides technical input on MC’s livelihoods programs including potential partnerships with local NGOs.
• Maintains links to sources of technical assistance and information and will disseminate technical information and assistance to program assistants where necessary.
• Maintain, monitor and measure project implementation data entry. Track project impact, standards, and operational compliance.
• Data-entry of program information, as assigned. Develop charts, statistical reports and data-bases as required by Programme Manager.
• Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience
• BA/S in relevant field required; MA/MS/MBA or equivalent preferred.
• 3 years of experience working on the development, implementation, administration and compliance of a field-based international development or humanitarian program; specifically in livelihoods or economic recovery.
• Prior experience implementing livelihoods programs is required, preferably in a non-camp setting.
• Experience working with multiple stakeholders to identify beneficiaries according to criteria required.
• Experience with running assessments, monitoring and evaluation and other learning efforts required.
• Experience representing the organization and its interests to a diverse range of local and international government officials, local civil society organizations, other international organizations, the media and the public.
• Commitment to renewing and maintaining knowledge of best practices
• Demonstrated training and facilitation experience
• Ability to work under pressure
• Demonstrated strengths in analytical skills, monitoring and evaluation, and report writing
• Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills
• Excellent oral and written skills and computer skills
• Fluency in English; fluency in Hausa is required.
• The successful candidate will combine strong technical skills, experience in watsan programs, and a can-do attitude. Ideally s/he will have previous experience in working in large-scale emergency programs in insecure and conflict-affected contexts, including remote management and capacity development.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV's and Cover Letters in one document, addressing the position requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: All applications must include the position title in the subject line and not more than 4 pages. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity organization and we strongly encourage women to apply for this position.
Closing Date: 26th January, 2016
Check other pages below for more jobs
|1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 |16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | | 23 | | 24 | | 25 | | 26 | | 27 | | 28 | | 29 | | 30 |
Agencies and Organizations Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index