The French Section of Médecins Sans Frontières is recruiting for its project in Jahun:
1 LOGISTIC SUPERVISOR
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
• Supervise the daily logistics activities and provide maintenance to the MSF equipment’s, facilities and infrastructures, according to MSF protocols in order to maintain the facilities in perfect conditions and collaborate in the development of the mission
• Monitor maintenance activities of infrastructures, management of non-medical stocks and equipment according to MSF standards.
• Ensure the check and follow-up of facilities under the line manager supervision.
• Carrying out daily visits to the facilities, reporting any anomalies or problems to the line manager.
• Evaluating rehabilitation needs and following up minor building rehabilitation work in accordance with instructions given by his supervisor, and accounting to him/her on progress
• Checking that premises observe security norms (fire extinguishers present, electrical installations earthed, etc.).
• Monitoring the consumption of mechanical and electrical vehicles/machines/devices
• Planning together with the line manager required checks and maintenance activities of energy systems/set-up according to MSF standards and lead the logistics team under his/her responsibility, in particular: Defining each person’s tasks, supervising them on a daily basis and checking the quality of their work (punctuality, rigour, quality, etc.).
• Drawing up working schedules for logistics teams for each department or facility.
• Organizing and leading meetings of the team under his supervision.
• Participating in the recruitment of personnel for his team.
• Attending logistics meetings and accounting for his activities.
• Planning and overseeing timely preventative and curative maintenance of all project vehicles according to MSF standards.
• Instructing and monitoring drivers on correct driving habits and standard checks.
• Manage and follow up orders, namely (note: this does not apply for OCA)
• Collect logistics orders coming from different departments or health facilities,
• Draw up and follow up orders according to the procedures in force.
• Provide technical support to the storekeeper
• Make local purchases according to MSF supply procedures
• Ensure reception conditions of freight or arriving material as well as the organization and setting up of material before its shipment.
Required Skills and Conditions
• Education: Degree or formal Technical training
• Experience: At least one year in MSF or 2 years in a similar post out of MSF
• Languages: English and Hausa language essential;
• Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
• Good knowledge of the state road network is essential
• Stress Management.
• Experience in transporting persons and goods
• Valid Driving License.
• Jigawa State
• Unlimited contract duration starting as soon as possible. Flexibility required.
Method of Application
Submit your CV, copies of qualifications, copies of Valid Driving licence and a cover letter with contact details to the MSF Administration Office in Jahun at "Application Box" at the Watchmen Desk). With reference (LOG SUPERVISOR JAHUN)
Applications can be submitted in person or by email to: email@example.com
Deadline for the submission of applications: 17 January, 2016
Please make sure to submit your application by this date.
NB: only successful applicants will be called for interview.
Notice: No monetary transactions, neither demands of favors in kind, nor other types of favoritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process. MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.
Closing Date: 17th January, 2016
Check other pages below for more jobs
|1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 |16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 |
Agencies and Organizations Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index