MÉDECINS SANS FRONTIÈRES - SPAIN
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
MSF-Spain has the following vacant position:
Job Title: MEDICAL DOCTOR (Reference No. 03_GOW16)
Report To: Project Medical Referent
Report to (Functional): Project Medical Referent/Project Coordinator
Place of Work: Base in GWOZA & PULKA, Emergency response
Salary: As per the MSF salary scale (national contract)
Main Objective of the Position
• Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries in Gowza and Pulka.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
• Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
• Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
• Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits , consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
• Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
• Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients’ illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
• Ensure on-going training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
• Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
• Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
• Medical Doctor diploma Desirable diploma in Tropical Medicine
• 2 years’ experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work (can be within medical training). Desirable in tropical medicine, or post-registration experience in Public Health , obs and gynae, paediatrics, AE, infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS/STDs, TB, general practice, general medicine or minor surgery.
• Local language essential (Kanuri, Hausa) Mission language (English)
• Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, service
• Capacity to work as a team, respectful and good working attitude
• Sensitive and respectful of religious and cultural differences
• Identification with Humanitarian, Cross Cultural Awareness, Self-Control, Quality and Results Orientation, Commitment, Stress Management.
Method of Application
All applicants should send a CV and motivation letter and copies of credentials either by email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org (in the subject please to put the position and location for which you are applying)
In person to MSF provisory Office (Write the position for which you are applying on the envelope), in Plot BO/18658 Damboa Rd, Maiduguri, Borno State.
Kindly note that relocation allowance is not available for these positions
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: 25th November 2016.
Check other pages below for more jobs
|1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 |16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | | 23 | | 24 | | 25 | | 26 | | 27 | | 28 | | 29 | | 30 | | 31 | | 32 | | 33 | | 34 | | 35 |
Agencies and Organizations Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index