The French Section of Médecins Sans Frontières is recruiting for its project in Abuja:
2 MEDICAL DOCTORS FOR EMERGENCY TEAM
Open To Qualified Doctors
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
• Contribute to increase MSF capacity to react timely to emergencies (disease outbreak, natural disaster and violence) in Nigeria, especially in the identify states
• To achieve these objectives implement an internal monitoring/surveillance system, active networking at both federal and state levels with various actors (government, NGO, community etc)
• Timely propose appropriate action plan for the emergency and formulate an implementation strategy
• Provide medical support to the other MSF project in Nigeria
• Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries health conditions. Provide best possible care before, during and after surgery in the OT in accordance with MSF protocols;
Follow up of MSF emergencies activity (Disease surveillance, outbreak investigation and data collection) and the definition of objectives:
• Collaborate in the development of a contact network with the State epidemiologists and DSNO at State level of epidemiology surveillance, others agencies involved in the surveillance (WHO/UNICEF….) or emergency preparedness and local communities; and on need basis with the FMOH
• On continuous basis, do web-based updates and further research on the national politics and policy of surveillance and management of epidemics (meetings, reports, article)
• Collect and compile epidemiological data (meetings, reports, articles), analyse and realize monthly, quarter and annual report proposed to Emergency team Coordinator:
• Organize and analyze the epidemiology data, medical emergency reports and medical assessment.
• Ensure a qualitative and comprehensive data and report archiving process
• Implementing an internal surveillance system for Northern States of the country prone to seasonal epidemics, which includes collection of second-hand information -through formal and informal networking- and, when possible collection of first-hand information -field evaluation- so as to complement, verify or assess health situation
• Following up on main indicators collected and making proposal accordingly
• Perform regular monthly field visits to achieve the above objectives in collaboration with the coordination team and submit proposal to coordination team
Man-made and natural disaster ; response to violence; floods
• Participate in creation and/or update of a comprehensive health structure mapping on each structure level
• on continuous basis do web-based updates and further research on the national politics and policy of surveillance and management of epidemics (meetings, reports, article)
• Carry out exploratory missions to achieve the above objectives in collaboration with the coordination team and submit proposal to coordination team
Response proposal and activity implementation
• Based on the results of the investigations, propose an appropriate medical response to the Emergency team Coordinator/medical coordinator
• Eventually be involved in the implementation of the response and the direct clinical management of patient
Support to other MSF Activities in Nigeria
• More generally, the Emergency team doctor, can be involved in other tasks including:
Support to the projects:
• Carrying out some medical activities and maintaining links with the fields and desk/technical department
• Replace members of the field team if needed
• Work in other MSF program in order to cumulate experience.
• Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols
Pharmacy management: In collaboration with the country pharmacist
• Participate in stock inventory process
• Prepare the medical boxes for the exploratory mission; Anticipate and report needs to the Coordinator
• Get proficient with cold-chain management as per MSF standards; Responsible for cold-chain management on the field
• Responsible for collecting and filing consumption and donation forms on the field
Required Skills and Conditions
• Medical Doctor Degree. Diploma in Tropical Medicine is a plus
• NYSC Certificate or Discharge certificate.
• 2 year experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work (can be within medical training). Desirable in tropical medicine, or post-registration experience in Public Health, general practice, general medicine or minor surgery
• Mission language essential. Hausa language desirable.
• Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
• Abuja with 80% of working time on the field.
• Unlimited contract duration starting as soon as possible. Flexibility required.
Method of Application
Submit your CV, copies of nursing qualifications and a cover letter with contact details to the MSF Administration Office in Abuja at No 26 Olu Agabi Close Life Camp, Gwarimpa District. ("Application Box" at the Watchmen Desk). With reference (EPREP DOCTOR)
Applications can be submitted in person or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for the submission of applications: 13th January, 2016
Please make sure to submit your application by this date.
NB: only successful applicants will be called for interview.
Notice: No monetary transactions, neither demands of favors in kind, nor other types of favoritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process. MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.
Closing Date: 13th January, 2016
Check other pages below for more jobs
|1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 |16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 |
Agencies and Organizations Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index