MÉDECINS SANS FRONTIÈRES - SPAIN
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
MSF-Spain has the following vacant position:
Title: Midwife (Reference No. 11_PB17)
Place of Work: Base in PULKA, Gwoza LGA, BORNO STATE.
Salary: As per the MSF salary scale (national contract)
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Ensure the implementation and continuity of antenatal and postnatal care, family planning, obstetrical care (BEmONC 1 and CEmONC 2), neonatal and comprehensive abortion care, management of victims of sexual violence, reproductive tract infections and Fistula care in accordance with MSF Reproductive Core Package of Activities and reinforce the implementation of standardised protocols.
- WherePMTCT is implemented, ensure implementation of the PMTCT protocol in the ANC/delivery and PNC consultations (pre counselling, test and post counselling
- Collaborate with the medical doctor and /or nurse in the management of Sexual Violence cases
- Assess the feasibility for referral of pregnant women form the TBAs to the OPD/MCH for medical evaluation and/or complicated deliveries.
- Ensure hygiene and sterilization criteria (including universal precautions) are met according to MSF specifications.
- Guarantee a regular and ongoing supply of drugs and equipment required for maternity activities (including monitoring/consumption control/ordering of orders.
- Properly follow up all newborn babies from delivery until discharge, informing mothers and relatives about importance of breast feeding, vaccination and possible complications resulting from harmful traditional practices.
- Ensure patients’ right to privacy and confidentiality is respected
- Supervise that administrative procedures of admissions and hospitalizations comply with MSF protocols , as well as verify patients are properly informed and receive the documents required (birth certificate, vaccination card, etc
NB: The responsibilities mentioned above are not exhaustive and other work can be required according to the needs of the mission.
Mobility is requested from MSF staff, including short term assignments from their usual place of work
- Education: Essential midwifery qualification or specialization. Desired Bachelor in Midwifery
- Experience: Essential working experience of at least two years in midwife activities related jobs Essential Desirable.
- Languages: Essential, English, Hausa and Kanuri language would be an asset.
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants should send a CV and motivation letter and CREDENTIALS preferably by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or in person to MSF Pulka office, in ALHAJI GAJAGA House, near MBAZA Mountain, Pulka, Gwoza LGA.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: 5th May, 2017
Check other pages below for more jobs
|1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 |16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | | 23 | | 24 | | 25 | | 26 | | 27 | | 28 | | 29 | | 30 | | 31 | | 32 |
Agencies and Organizations Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index