Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Manager in Mercy Corps Nigeria
General Position Summary
• The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager will support the program teams with technical oversight and direction on all monitoring and evaluation needs across implementing area.
• S/he will be responsible for timely and quality reporting and ensuring efficient and effective M&E systems are in place.
• The M&E manager will be responsible for providing program staff with the information and training to capture monitoring metrics regularly and efficiently.
• S/he will coordinate with program staff regularly providing technical oversight, problem-solving and support. S/he will be responsible for learning and applying new learnings to M&E systems.
Essential Job Functions
• In coordination with program staff adapt existing M&E systems to monitor and evaluate project activities and impact, in accordance with existing Mercy Corps DM&E guidelines.
• Manage capturing data across program interventions and analyze data collected during monitoring and evaluation activities.
• Oversee data tracking and analysis on regular basis and ensure that data and metrics in field reports are accurate.
• Write, edit, and summarize field reports to develop quality and informative monthly and quarterly reports for donors and internal teams.
• Work with the program team to identify opportunities to innovate M&E systems.
• In partnership with program team document lessons learned and best practices for dissemination within Mercy Corps, to donors, other agencies and interested parties
• Support pre and post monitoring, need assessments, survey, focus groups and evaluation or verification as well as other studies at the project and program levels.
• Utilize standard Mercy Corps assessment tools and help in developing new tools.
• Provide input on the design and implementation of baseline studies, mid-term evaluations and final evaluations.
• Conduct regular field visits to meet the beneficiaries, coordinate with project officers, to capture data correctly and efficiently to ensure regular and accurate information.
• Track and report lessons learned, prepare success stories about the program and share with management for wider circulation.
• Work closely with program teams for filing/archiving documentation both softcopies and hardcopies.
• Maintain relevant program and correspondence files related with DM&E.
• Manage M&E tasks related to closing out projects and checking final project evaluation documents.
• Produce other reports as requested by management (this may include research for new projects or programs or information requested by the donors, among other things)
• Adherence to all MC policies and procedures as outlined in MC policies and procedure manuals;
• Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in country of operation;
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience
• BA/S in relevant field or other similar field; MA/MS/MBA or equivalent preferred.
• At least 1 year of experience in development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation or other learning efforts is required.
• Experience developing and disseminating regular communication materials and updates
• Experience conducting rapid needs assessments.
• Experience representing the organization and its interests to a diverse range of local and international government officials, local civil society organizations, other international organizations, the media and the public.
• Proficiency with MS Office software required (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Experience with social media and other multi-media tools preferred.
• Demonstrated training and facilitation experience
• Ability to work under pressure
• Demonstrated strengths in analytical skills, monitoring and evaluation, and report writing
• Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills
• Excellent oral and written skills and computer skills
• Fluency in English; fluency in Hausa is required.
• Skilled writer and synthesizer of diverse and complex information, helping teams generate new insights into their work, the needs of their countries and the region, and how program impact can be scaled.
• Talent for organizing and cataloguing information essential
• Sense of creativity essential
• Positive attitude and ability to work well on a team is essential
• Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members is required
• Ability to understand the larger picture while remaining focused on the details
• Ability to work with diverse groups of people
• Conscientious, with an excellent sense of judgment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV's and Cover Letters in one document, addressing the position requirements to: email@example.com
Note: All applications must include the position title in the subject line and not more than 4 pages. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity organization and we strongly encourage women to apply for this position.
Closing Date: 26th January, 2016
Check other pages below for more jobs
|1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 |16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | | 23 | | 24 | | 25 | | 26 | | 27 | | 28 | | 29 | | 30 |
Agencies and Organizations Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index