Job Title: Operation Assistant in Mercy Corps Nigeria
General Position Summary
• The operations assistant will provide support to the operations officer for facilitating and executing different aspects of procurement, logistics and administration.
• S/he will work extensively with other departments to ensure that all program activities are implemented successfully and timely.
Essential Job Functions
• Possesses a full understanding of MC procurement policies and formats.
• Assists staff as needed on creating clear and understandable purchase requests and other documentation.
• Collects quotations and bids from the market for requests as per Mercy Corps standard policies.
• Ensures that required documentation of supplies and transactions are completed.
• Maintains and updates procurement files
• Assists with payment requests and follows up with status.
Logistics and Assets
• Participates in regular assets inventory and checks
• Ensures all assets are maintained and in good condition,
• Assists in the operation of generator and inverter as well as monitors the servicing schedule.
• Maintains appropriate filing systems for office correspondence.
• Supports operations officer to ensures that the office is run in a professional and responsible manner including hosting guests, cleaning, receptionist duties and general contact and liaison with outside agencies.
• Ensures office has sufficient office supplies.
• Makes all necessary travel and lodging arrangements for visitors.
• Adherence to all MC policies and procedures as outlined in MC policies and procedure manuals;
• Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in country of operation;
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience
• BA/S in relevant field preferred
• Minimum 1 year of experience working in operations (logistics or procurement), preferably within an NGO, international business or related field.
• Good organization skills.
• A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action to avoid delays in program implementation.
• A clear understanding of procurement ethics and donor compliance is essential.
• Ability to work under pressure
• Good interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills
• Good oral and written skills and computer skills
• Strong computer skills on MS office programs
• Fluency in English; fluency in Hausa is required..
• The successful candidate will have a can-do attitude.
• Ideally s/he will have previous experience in working in large-scale emergency programs in insecure and conflict-affected contexts.
• Conscientious with high work ethics.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV's and Cover Letters in one document, addressing the position requirements to: email@example.com
Note: All applications must include the position title in the subject line and not more than 4 pages. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity organization and we strongly encourage women to apply for this position.
Closing Date: 26th January, 2016
Check other pages below for more jobs
|1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 |16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 |
Agencies and Organizations Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index