Job Title: Project Officer in Mercy Corps Nigeria
General Position Summary
• The project officer will be responsible for supporting activities in the intervention communities of BACRI program.
• S/He will be responsible for supporting the implementation of strategic, impactful, and high-quality programming.
• The project officer will report to the Programme Manager and work collaboratively with fellow program staff.
• S/he will work extensively with other sectors to ensure that all program activities are implemented successfully and timely.
Essential Job Functions
• Support in project start-up and ongoing project management and administration of activities including beneficiary identification, distribution site selection, planning and implementing the distributions, working with partners and facilitating monitoring.
• Contribute to all field work, including identifying beneficiaries and vendors, participating in distributions, monitoring and supporting beneficiaries during the shopping periods, coordinating with community leaders and other stakeholders and other field-based tasks as assigned.
• Ensure that beneficiaries are effectively targeted according to established vulnerability criteria.
• Contribute to effective program reporting, monitoring and evaluation systems for both internal and external use in coordination with the other program staff.
• Integrate community approaches, gender sensitivity and capacity building into all activities as appropriate.
• Conduct monitoring and data collection as directed by the Programme Manager, assisting with specific surveys or assessments as needed.
• Contribute to providing the Programme Manager with up-to-date information on the affected and targeted community and coordinates beneficiary lists and numbers with different stakeholders.
• Adherence to all MC policies and procedures as outlined in MC policies and procedure manuals;
• Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in country of operation;
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience
• BA/S in relevant field required; MA/MS/MBA or equivalent preferred.
• 3 years of experience working on the development, implementation, administration and compliance of a field-based international development or humanitarian program; general program management experience required.
• Prior experience implementing distributions is required, preferably in a non-camp setting. Experience with cash distributions strongly preferred.
• Experience working with multiple stakeholders to identify beneficiaries according to criteria required.
• Experience with running assessments, monitoring and evaluation and other learning efforts required.
• Experience representing the organization and its interests to a diverse range of local and international government officials, local civil society organizations, other international organizations, the media and the public.
• Commitment to renewing and maintaining knowledge of best practices
• Demonstrated training and facilitation experience
• Ability to work under pressure
• Demonstrated strengths in analytical skills, monitoring and evaluation, and report writing
• Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills
• Excellent oral and written skills and computer skills
• Fluency in English; fluency in Hausa is required.
• The successful candidate will have a can-do attitude.
• Ideally s/he will have previous experience in working in large-scale emergency programs in insecure and conflict-affected contexts, including remote management and capacity development.
• S/he is a problem solver, who is adept in successfully dealing with issues of complexity.
• S/he is an active listener and contributor, working to create a strong team share ideas and learn.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV's and Cover Letters in one document, addressing the position requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: All applications must include the position title in the subject line and not more than 4 pages. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity organization and we strongly encourage women to apply for this position.
Closing Date: 26th January, 2016
Check other pages below for more jobs
|1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 |16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 |
Agencies and Organizations Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index