IITA is an international non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium. Our R4D approach is anchored on the development needs of the tropics. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
IITA is recruiting to fill the vacant position of:
Job Title: Research Associate
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
• Under the supervision of the scientist, undertake project-related activities
• Collect all relevant research and project data including outgrower contacts, farmers: including location, quantities, and pictures
• Write reports of field trials, training, and other farmer participatory activities carried out.
• Work with the IITA team to collate on a monthly basis progress report
• Implement approved on-farm and demonstration of Cassava trials
• Work with the IITA team, plan field days and training for Cassava farmers
• Determine and supervise fertilizer and herbicide application protocols
• Any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification, Experience and Skills
• Minimum of MSc in Agriculture with a major in agronomy, or a related field
• At least 2 years’ experience in Cassava production
• Excellent writing skills
• Ability to communicate fluently (orally and in writing) in the English language
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate in one or more of local major languages.
• Capacity to work effectively in a team
• We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant's current or previous organization or applicant's direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click Here to Apply
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates
Closing Date: 21st January, 2016
Check other pages below for more jobs
|1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 |16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 |
Agencies and Organizations Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index