Plan International is an independent child-centred international development organisation committed to advancing the rights of children and fight against poverty. Plan has no religious, political and government affiliation. For over 75 years, we have supported girls and boys and their communities around the world to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights, free themselves from poverty and live positive fulfilling lives. Plan currently works in 70 countries including Nigeria.
Plan International officially started operations in Nigeria in 2014 and works to strengthen and promote the rights of children. Our programme is currently focused on basic education; improve community health services, youth and citizens' participation in governance and creating economic opportunities and livelihoods for the poor, building resilient communities through our emergency and humanitarian response. Plan Nigeria works with communities, civil society organisations, development partners, government at all levels and the private sector.
Position: Resource Mobilization Advisor
Department: Business Development Unit
Report To: The Country Director
Duration: One year and 6months in the first Instance (Renewable).
• The position is responsible for 'donor engagement, fundraising and proposal writing, international partnership development and mobilization of strategic resources to support Plan International Nigeria.
• The job holder will also oversee the overall functioning of the fundraising unit of Plan International Nigeria and work closely with the fundraising team of Plan International UK National office.
• The position reports to the Country Director and will work closely with the Deputy Country Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
International Partnership Development (IPD)
• Lead the development of a fundraising strategy to meet the strategic requirements of the Country Programme.
• Provide advice on institutional donor requirements and private foundations including reporting timelines and expectations
• Support proposal development through coordinating the establishment of proposal development working groups with representatives from key departments (on as needed bases) within the CP and ensure key actions are delegated and timelines maintained.
• Depending on the nature of the funding opportunities, draft proposals and concept notes.
• Advice the Country office on potential funding opportunities and donor priorities
• Establish and maintain regular contacts with donor agencies as appropriate, covering a specific set of donors to be agreed upon. This entails contributing to maintaining networks and actively engaging in knowledge sharing, information dissemination on the Plan international Nigeria.
• Help prepare and participate in internal/external meetings with donors - thematic meetings and related resource mobilization events.
• Support the facilitation of the negotiation and signing of new funding agreements, working in close collaboration with Plan International UK National office.
• Maintain up to date knowledge on donor funded projects and ensure reporting is completed to the donor in a timely manner,
• Support the drafting of external reports and work with Programme teams to finalize these in accordance with donor requirements and timelines.
• It is a relatively small team for now, but the team is expected to grow. As we grow the job holder will Manage and co-ordinate all the department work, ensuring correct, full transparent and accountable financial, administrative and operational procedures are followed
• Manage staff performance and provide regular feedback to staff, including interns and volunteers on their performance
• Liaise with other teams to obtain input and support for the work of the Resource Mobilization unit.
• Ensure all procurement is in accordance with Plan International and donor guidelines
• Submit all internal progress reports (monthly, quarterly) in a timely manner
• Manage basic HR requirements in accordance with Plan International Nigeria staff manual
• Identify training needs of staff including volunteers, and assist to create individual development plans.
• Ensure maintenance of updated filling system (soft and hard)
• Perform other responsibilities as requested by the Country Director
Qualification and Experience
To be able to carry out the above responsibilities, the Resource Mobilization Advisor should have the following capabilities:
• A Bachelor and a Master degree in social sciences and or other relevant disciplines.
• At least five years (if professional experience in international development.
• Experience in project design, administration or implementation.
• Excellent understanding of Nigerian donor environment and cognate experience in fundraising.
• Excellent understanding of community based, child focused and rights based programming.
• Demonstrable commitment to working with poor and marginalized people
• Excellent interpersonal communications skills (written and verbal)
• Ability to draft quality reports, case studies, concept notes and proposals
• Strong facilitation, negotiation and networking skills
• Proficiency in using applications software, including: presentation, spreadsheet, word processing, and project management tools.
• Excellent command of English, a working knowledge of French will be an added advantage.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Sound analytical skills.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and work independently, be innovative and creative
• Demonstrate understanding and commitment to shared values of the organization: mutual respect, accountability, human rights, honesty, transparency, partnership and acting in the best interest of the child.
• Ability to deal with people in a multicultural environment.
• Ability to solve problems and be service-oriented;
• Ability to use initiative, team work and capacity to work under pressure;
Method of Application
Please submit a full CV and a comprehensive cover letter setting out your reasons for applying for the post and outlining the qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills that you feel you can bring to the role to: email@example.com.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: 21st January, 2016
Check other pages below for more jobs
|1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 |16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 |
Agencies and Organizations Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index