Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Fraud Monitoring Officer
Job ID: 37216
Job Location: Lagos Island
Job Sector: Banking
- Group Risk Management: understanding all risks - from the economic to the political - that could affect our global business, and offering guidance to all parts of the bank
- To analyse, detect & prevent fraud on customers account and ensuring that losses to the bank and/or customers are minimized.
- Maintain a co-operative working relationship with co-workers.
- Take ownership of queries until amicable resolution is reached
- Display confidence, assertiveness, proactivity and accuracy when communicating.
- Work with all staff in making sure that all losses are minimized and recoveries are maximized.
- Maintain a co-operative working relationship with Management, Customer relations centre, Card Processing centre, Stanbic branches, and staff within the department.
- Ensure that a high level of customer service is maintained in which queries and complaints are handled and resolved in an efficient manner with customers
- Ensure that no adverse reputational risk / litigation accrues in terms of liabilities.
- Must be confident, assertive and accurate when communicating.
Escalation, Analysis and Reporting:
- Ensure that unresolved issues matters are escalated to Line management for timely action.
- Ensure that all new threats are escalated to the control stakeholders for appropriate action and rules are implemented to prevent such threats and subsequent losses.
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly statistics and analysis of alerts triggered and actioned.
- Analysis of actual fraud, false positive and performance by rules that would assist rules improvement where applicable.
- Maintain a vigilant and careful attitude in carrying out monitoring activities in order to detect possible fraudulent activities and address the situation at an early stage before potential losses become significant.
- All alerts triggered on the Intellinx Fraud monitoring system must be actioned on a daily basis.
- All triggered incidents should be certified to be completely genuine before being cleared and labelled as non-fraudulent
- Maintain a working relationship with the fraud desk team by constantly informing them of suspicious and unconfirmed activities on various accounts and ultimately requesting that these accounts should be blocked.
- Constantly sensitize customers that are contacted and enlighten them concerning the importance of always keeping their account details confidential.
- Follow up on all alerts in the pending queue must be done on a daily basis to keep the alerts in the pending queue to the minimum.
Business Collaboration, Cross selling and Cost Saving:
- Support the business in increasing customer base and selling products as advised
- Risk Management - FCC
- Contribute to their service delivery
- Description or examples: Fraud Investigation
- Information Technology - Application Support
- Receive a service from them
- Description or examples: Availability of the Fraud Monitoring Solution
- Service Providers
- Provide customer service
- Description or examples: Vendors to the monitoring solutions
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- A Bachelor's degree in any related field
- 1-3 years experience in Personal and Business Banking - Banking Operations,Global Market Operations,Risk Management , Business Support
- Basic knowledge of the fraud monitoring system operational chain.
- Experience in dealing with customer complaints.
If you experience this, please contact our Fraudline on 0800222050 or forward to TransactionFraudOpsSA@standardbank.co.za
Closing Date: 8th April, 2019
Check other pages below for more banking and finance jobs
| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 |
Banking and Finance Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index