EDLP Nigeria Limited is a food retail company operating a discount supermarket with the aim of offering the Nigerian consumer groceries of a high quality at the lowest price. We make it our priority to operate a low cost business model to ensure low and fair prices for our customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Senior Accountant
Job Location: Lagos
Summary of the Role
- The Sr. Accountant (SRA) plays a key role in the finance department and is responsible for managing the company’s income, spending, investments, budgets and assets.
- The Sr. Accountant (SRA) works hand-in-hand with the Head of Finance (HOF) to monitor the financial position of the company, the consequences of investments, commercial and operational actions, as well as estimate the level of working capital needed.
- The SRA maintains a systematic classification and strict assessment of invoices related to incoming goods and services, carries out financial analysis and prepares the related financial reports, like the monthly P&L and the monthly cost center reports.
- The SRA leads a department of financial specialists who take care of incoming funds, pay suppliers according to agreed terms, ensure accurate booking and allocation of costs, expenses and investments (COGS, OPEX and CAPEX), monthly accruals, amortization of repaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation, etc.
- The SRA also supervises the goods flow and the stock values (Inventories) at the stores and at the DCs.
- The SRA also plays a part in payroll and works with HR to ensure salaries are paid on time.
- The Sr. Accountant works according to regulations, internal accounting principles, IFRS standards, and the Chart of Accounts (CoA).
- The SRA also ensures that the staff in his/her dept. work according to the Financial manual and the Finance application (JARA IT system), and ensures proper reconciliations all of which are implemented to maintain compliance, fraud and theft prevention.
- Higher education and must have a degree in Accounting of Finance
- Possession of a Certified membership with ICAN is a plus
- Proven experience in different financial positions over the last 5 years
- Knowledge of the Nigerian (tax) law and legislations
- Experienced in ICT implementations and IT solutions
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application and CV to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 1st June, 2019
Check other pages below for more banking and finance jobs
| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 |
Banking and Finance Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index