Stresert Services Limited - Our client, a Marine Logistics provider to the Oil and Gas industry, is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Accountant
Job Ref: ph-Log-Acc
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers State
Reports To: FC
• Assist the Accountant to carryout Prompt recording of receivables, payables, analysing, interpretation and reporting of transactions for decision making and in compliance with relevant Legislation.
• Also involves vouching of all transactions, bank reconciliation and petty cash management and compliance with relevant Tax Legislation.
Accounting Information Management
• Maintains the General Ledger and reconciles accounts/ledgers not later than 12th day of every month.
• Compiles and submits management accounts not later than 12th day of every month.
• Ensures data backups are done every Friday and maintains storage of all relevant hard copies of accounting documents.
Accounts Payable Management
• Processes vendor payments in line with Company Vendor Payment Policy.
• Vets all invoices to ensure they meet the relevant requirements.
• Submits processed invoices for approval before effecting payment.
• Prepares and submit employee payroll for approval not later than 25th monthly.
• Submits employee statutory deductions payment instructions not later than 4th day of every month.
Bank Reconciliation and Statement Audit
• Prepares bank reconciliation statements for all corporate accounts not later than 7th monthly.
• Audits bank statements to ensure consistency and accuracy of bank charges.
• Reports all noted inconsistencies to supervisory manager timely.
• Maintains and accurately tracks all accounting documentation.
• Maintains accounting records and audit evidence by making copies and filing documents.
Petty Cash Administration
• Administers Petty Cash disbursement and reconciles all retirements within 48hours.
• Raises cash call to replenish petty cash and maintain liquidity.
• Assists in implementing of internal control systems.
• Effects payment to vendors for services rendered after obtaining the necessary approvals and documentary evidence.
• Collects and reviews Purchase Order for jobs done by the Company.
• Prepares and submits proforma invoices not later than the first working day of every new month.
• Ensures substantive invoices are submitted not later than 13th day of every new month.
• Captures and post invoices into the Accounting software not later than 16th day of every new month.
Accounts Receivable Management
• Tracks all outstanding receivables and reconciles them quickly.
• Raise an exception report if payment advise is not received two days to payment due date.
• Prepares reports to show receivables ageing and submit to management not later that 7th day of every month.
• Supervises the day to day finance and accounts operations
• Administers payment transfers through the bank.
• Manages cash advance and reconciles retirement not later than 72 hours from the day of disbursement.
Non-Current Assets Management
• Maintains the non-current Assets Register and processes depreciation for various assets and additions/disposals entries/journals.
• Maintains relevant non-current Assets accounts as required by FIRS
Accounts Maintenance and Vouchering
• Raises vouchers for transactions and posts financial data to the appropriate accounts in the automated accounting system not later than 24hours.
• Ensures that all accounting entries posted into the accounting system are accurate.
• Organizational skills with attention to detail
• Data entry management, Problem solving skills
• Proficient with MS Office (word, excel, Power point) a MUST and knowledge of essential accounting software usage such as Peachtree, Sage, SAP, JD Edward, Tally etc.
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
• Corporate Finance, confidentiality
• Reporting skills, deadline-oriented, time management
• Reasoning ability, mathematical ability, and logical thinking skills
• The Candidate must preferably be an Associate member of ICAN, or final stages of the professional exams;
• A graduate with back ground in Accounting.
• Must have 7 - 8 years work experience in core accounting duties with the ability to work without much supervision.
• N416, 000 /M.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: email@example.com using ‘ph-Log-Acc’ as subject of mail
Note: Wrongly titled applications will not be opened. Applicants who do not meet the above criteria need not apply. Please be guided
Closing Date: 25th July, 2016
General Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index