Job Title: Assistant/Associate Professor of Law and HOD, Private & Business Law in American University of Nigeria
Department: School of Law
Summary of Position
• The School of Law of the American University of Nigeria (AUN), is seeking exceptionally qualified and experienced candidates for academic position, to teach required law courses in private, commercial and corporate; labor and real estate law, among others. The position is full-time contract-based and will commence July 1, 2017.
• The person for this position must be a skilled teacher, clinical supervisor and an experienced attorney in the areas of private and business law.
• The successful candidate will display excellent written and oral communication skills, demonstrated knowledge and experience with a variety of lawyering and teaching methods and outstanding lawyering skills. In addition to clinical supervision, the position is responsible for teaching outside the clinics, subject to the needs of AUN.
• This position will also require the publication of high-quality legal scholarship and effective participation in law faculty committees, the AUN law clinic, the AUN Moot Court and the AUN Access to Justice Programs.
• Furthermore, as head of the AUN law clinic, the position will oversee all aspects of clinic management, including curriculum design and client intake. Candidates with strong professional connections to the Nigerian Bar and legal community who can mentor students and promote externship and career opportunities for them will be viewed favorably.
Requirements for the Position
• Candidates must hold a terminal doctoral degree in law from an accredited University and Bar membership in Nigeria.
• The ideal candidate will have some experience in legal practice, excellent written and oral communications skills, proficiency in ICT, a strong commitment to legal scholarship, and a high degree of professionalism in all aspects of lawyering.
• Exposure to the US or comparable legal or law school systems will be an advantage.
• The AUN School of Law is a private, not-for-profit institution, with a strong commitment to public interest, practical and clinical education, and advancing social justice through the law.
Description of Benefits
• Salary is commensurate with applicant’s qualifications and experience and conform to the existing conditions of employment at AUN.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letter and CV's highlighting their qualifications and teaching interests, resume, a writing sample (preferably a peer-reviewed publication), and a list of references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• The position being applied for should be the subject of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• AUN is an equal opportunity and non-discriminatory employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status.
Closing Date: 31st March, 2017
General Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index