Redeemer's University is an award-winning teaching and research institution with well-equipped and functional facilities across disciplines, particularly, in Humanities, Social and Management Sciences and Natural Sciences. The hosting of the World Bank sponsored African Centre of Excellence for Genomics of Infectious Diseases (ACEGID) attests to the overall standard of the university.
Recently, the University relocated to its permanent site at Ede, Osun State.
Job Title: Assistant Laboratory Technologist
• We are seeking a motivated person with outstanding laboratory experience, and a passion for global health to facilitate and advance a teaching and applied research program studying pathogens that cause febrile illness.
• To that end, ACEGID is looking for a highly skilled, mature, and energetic individual to assist the Genomics Laboratory Technologist undertake day-to-day tasks related to ACEGID genomics laboratory. The assistant lab technologist will work at the Redeemer’s university campus. He/She will be critical to the success of the overall World Bank ACE and H3 Africa projects. The individual will work closely with the Lab technologist, staff and laboratory personnel of the Redeemer’s university, as well as students and faculty members from West African partners, researchers at Harvard University, and the Broad Institute in Cambridge, MA.
• Assist ACEGID Laboratory Technologist
• General monitoring of the lab activities and work with PM in maintenance and enforcement of general laboratory safety.
• Process samples in a laboratory setting
• Ensure cold-chain maintenance
• Perform assays and laboratory procedures, Polymerase chain reaction analysis, Pathogen microscopy such as malaria, Lassa, and or Ebola virus
• Research, studies and development of new methods in control of pathogens
• Specimen/sample collection and registration
• Familiar with and able to work with oligosynthesizer
• Work in tandem with hospital staff to identify study subjects according to protocols
• Collection of Informed Consent and processing
• The ideal candidate MUST possess a B.SC. Degree in Microbiology or related field, have at least 3 years experience in genomics research, ample experience working in laboratory settings, must have experience in genomics research of malaria, Lassa fever, and Ebola virus, must have hands-on experience in malaria microscopy, ELISA assay, DNA, and RNA sequencing, qPCR and RTPCR, and extensive laboratory safety training in levels 1-4
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
Closing Date: December 16th, 2016
General Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index