Abia State University, Uturu, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Chief Security Officer
Location: Uturu, Abia
Person & Responsibility
- The Chief Security Officer of the University is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the security of lives and property in the institution,
- Ensures the effective co-ordination of security in and around the University and liaises with external security agencies in discharge of the duties of the office.
- A prospective candidate must possess a minimum of a First Degree or its equivalent.
- An interested candidate must be a senior serving or retired service personnel of the rank of Major or its equivalent in the Armed Forces, the Police, and Civil Defense Corps or Department of Security Services (DSS).
Salary/Condition of Service
- The Salary and conditions of service shall be as obtainable in the Nigeria University system.
- The appointment would be for one term of five (5) years only.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their applications along with their Curriculum Vitae, which should include the following information:
- Full Names
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- State and Local Government of origin
- Permanent home address
- Current Post &/contact Address/Phone Number
- Marital Status
- Number of Children (with names and ages)
- Institution(s) attended (with dates)
- Academic and professional Qualifications (with dates)
- Honours, Distinctions and Membership of professional Bodies
- Working Experience
- Present Employment: Status, Salary and Employer
- Extra-curricular Activities
- List of publications, as appropriate, any other relevant information and
- Names and addresses of three (3) Referees (two of whom must be professionals in the candidates area of specialization).
The Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of claimed credentials must be attached to each application and forwarded in twenty- five (25) copies, to:
Abia State University,
- Applicants should also request their referees to send confidential reports on them, direct to the Registrar.
- Each submission should be in a sealed envelope, with the desired post clearly marked at the top left-hand corner.
- Only short-listed applicants would be invited for interview.