Aquada Development Corporation operates an automated rice mill that produces whole grain rice and rice flour, a bakery (using local wholesome ingredients) and a variety of other processes and manufacturing concerns.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Engineering and Maintenance Supervisor
- Being at the frontline of an engineering plant and dealing with all equipment maintenance is a large task for the right person.
- As a maintenance engineer you will be responsible for the continuous running of equipment and machinery.
- You will also be involved in control and monitoring devices and occasionally in the manufacture of items that will help in maintenance.
- You will play a vital role in the efficiency, development and progress of our manufacturing processes.
- You will use computerised and manual systems to oversee routine maintenance and organise repairs.
- You will work with other technicians in order to improve production facilities, reduce the incidence of costly breakdowns and develop strategies to improve overall reliability and safety of plant, personnel and production processes.
- Providing leadership for the technicians in the maintenance department
- Designing maintenance strategies, procedures and methods
- Carrying out routine scheduled maintenance work and responding to equipment faults
- Ensuring there is continuous cover of the machinery and equipment in case of breakdowns
- Monitoring and controlling maintenance costs
- Dealing with emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs
- Carrying out quality inspections on jobs
- Liaising with client departments, customers and other engineering and production colleagues
- Controlling maintenance tools, stores and equipment
- Diagnosing breakdown problems so as to either reduce or eliminate such breakdown
- Fitting new parts and making sure equipment is working correctly
- Studying and understanding specialist equipment such as, mixer, dryers, Industrial oven, 500kva generator, fryers, flow wrappers, etc.
- Writing maintenance strategies to help with installation and commissioning guidelines
- Provide expert advice on the purchase of machine and equipment
- Working to tight deadlines and in response to breakdown emergencies is sometimes required.
- Others as may be assigned.
- Applicant should have degree/HND in relevant field such as Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Production Engineering, etc.
- Must be able to operate computer and show demonstrate knowledge of engineering software relevant for maintenance
- Must be able to coach and train other junior engineers
- Over 3 years’ experience as maintenance engineer in a manufacturing set up
- A relevant certification in operations and maintenance engineering will be added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV's to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 30th April, 2017
General Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index