Job Title: English Teacher in American University of Nigeria
Department: New Foundation School
The American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking for an English Teacher. This position is local position and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
Summary of Position
• The English Teacher will be saddled with the responsibility of helping students understand English, speak it and be able to write and read it. The duties will range from encouraging a learning experience that provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential and the preparation of course work, planning of classes and the marking of work handed in. On top of this the personnel will also set targets for his/her pupils and monitor progress towards its achievement within the context of established policies and procedures of the University.
• Bachelor’s Degree in English Language from a recognized tertiary institution plus two (2) to three (3) years’ experience teaching English Language.
• Strong English grammar and reading skills
• Strong critical thinking skills
• Demonstrate skills in using Microsoft Office Packages
• Must possess excellent communication skills.
• Must be flexible enough to adapt to changing circumstances at workplace
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
• Flexibility to adjusting to new situations and/or changes
• Passion for the English language and teaching
• Proactivity in the work environment
• Working efficiently and continuously with a positive attitude.
• Highly developed communication skills
• Ability to meet set deadlines
• Flexibility with time as completing certain tasks might involve working overtime.
• Good organizing skills and willingness to learn.
• A good workplace ethics.
Description of Benefits
• Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
Method of Application
Suitably qualified candidates should submit their resumes, cover letters and references to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of this publication. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 23rd August, 2016
General Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index