Job Title: Finance Manager in Preston Health Care Consulting Limited
Reports To: CEO
Direct Report: Finance Officer, Asst. Finance Officer & Admin. Officer - Finance.
• To participate within the Executive Management Team in forward planning and the effective daily organisation of Preston Healthcare Consulting activities, including business planning, policy setting, financial forecasting and strategic decision making.
• To plan, implement and develop the Finance Team operating procedures
• To lead and manage the Finance team by establishing excellent ongoing working relationships with team via recruitment, training and communication. Communicate effectively with team on a regular basis ensuring information is clear, accurate and timely; encouraging team participation in the way information is relayed to and from the departments.
• To effectively manage the performance of the team by carrying out progress reviews and ensuring objectives and key outputs are cascaded throughout the department.
• To effectively manage and control all capital and revenue budgets
• To lead on the financial aspects of any strategic projects aimed at achieving growth of the organisation.
• To oversee and or review budget development and implementation activities for each department to ensure the correct procedures and set limits are being adhered to.
• To monitor and control the quality and cost-effectiveness of services provided by the department to ensure high standards and value for money.
• To maintain up-to-date records of departmental financial information.
• To ensure that Working Time Regulations are adhered to and that established reporting procedures are adhered to and monitored, in relation to transaction approvals.
• To ensure the accurate and timely preparation of management accounts, the effective operation and development of management systems for all accounting functions, particularly those relating to purchase vouchers, invoices, payroll, cash and banking, nominal ledger and stock control.
• To prepare appropriate financial reports for individual project clients as well as the Preston Board and to present such at Client and Board Meetings, as and when required.
• To be fully conversant with new initiatives, new legislation and modern thinking in all matters relating to the financial management of Preston and to advise the Management Team and Board accordingly.
• To plan and prepare financial management documents, including financial plans, budgets and forecasts.
• To manage and oversee the preparation of all statutory returns and the management of company pension schemes and initiate liaison with auditors, business advisers and funding partners.
• To maximise income from Preston consulting and research activities, as well as manage all it’s investments to their best advantage.
• To carry out any other tasks that will, from time to time be allocated by the Chief Executive on an ad hoc or continuing basis, commensurate with the general level of responsibility of the post.
• A minimum of 10 years’ professional experience, at least 5 of which must have been at a senior financial management level within a large customer driven environment.
• Significant experience in direct management and control of a minimum N150M annual turnover operation.
• Proven experience in direct management and supervision of a finance team.
• Proven experience of budget preparation, setting and monitoring and financial forecasting.
• Proven experience of preparing and presenting financial and management accounts, reports and data.
• Experience of liaising with auditors, business advisers and board members.
• Qualified accountant to at least CIMA, ANAN or ICAN level.
• Good working knowledge of current accounting software systems.
• Knowledge of management systems for all accounting functions including purchase ledger, sales ledger, payroll, cash and banking, nominal ledger and stock. Skills/Abilities
• Excellent communication; both oral and written and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Proven report writing skills.
• Excellent IT skills and Accounting software proficiency (Quickbooks, Peachtree, Word, Excel, Outlook etc).
• Proven ability to liaise with statutory agencies e.g. Charity Commission, Inland Revenue and H.M. Customs & Excise.
• Team Leader/Player.
• Ability to set targets, motivate and inspire staff to achieve targets.
• Ability to prioritise responsibilities under pressure and be self-motivating.
• Personal Integrity and Confidentiality.
• Excellent time management skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter and an updated CV to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 5pm 22nd July, 2016
General Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index