Job Title: Finance Officer in Oxfam
• To implement and monitor all financial aspects of the project, including the management of financial rise, ensure that financial procedures are adhered to and non compliance challenged, to provide financial information monitoring to project staff and partners.
• To work closely with the Country Finance Teams to provide quality financial information, process payments and maintain comprehensive accounting records.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure supporting documentation for payments is complete and correct (e.g. authorised and coded by budget holder) in accordance with Oxfam’s financial procedures.
• Prepare payments for authorisation by account signatories (including payroll). Ensure relevant statutory deductions are made, and transactions recorded accurately on Pastel
• Handling (finance related) queries regarding Donors.
• Interpretation of financial information, advice to Project Manager, and Finance Administrator.
• Analysing report for project staff and providing guidance. Influences staff to adopt Oxfam’s financial procedures.
• Provide adequate support to partners in financial management and ensure application of appropriate standards for financial accountability.
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or any relevant equivalent degree.
• ICAN or ACCA qualification will be an added advantage.
• 3 -5 years of progressively responsible and directly relevant professional experience, such as finance, accounting, grants management - ideally with at least 2 years with an International NGO.
• Ability to understand and implement the government tax &VAT laws.
• Proven knowledge of computerised systems and demonstrable experience of working with computerized accounting packages and spreadsheets.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter and Curriculum Vitae as one attachment to: email@example.com with the position title as the subject of your email.
Applications sent in the required format will be considered and only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For enquiries contact Stella Yani at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 17th February, 2017
General Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index