Stresert Services Limited - Our client, a Marine Logistics provider to the Oil and Gas industry, is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Financial Controller
Job Ref: ph-Log-FC
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
Reports To: MD
• The Financial Controller is responsible for all day-to-day financial and accounting activities and accountable for all financial management, corporate accounting, budgeting, forecasting, regulatory compliance as well as the implementation of internal control policies and procedures.
• Develop timely financial and cash-flow forecasts and pro-actively manage cash-flows
• Source for new and more cost-effective options for financing capital projects.
• Ensure the efficient management of the balance sheet of the organization in liaison with Banks and other financial institutions
• Constructively advise other departments on cost reduction or revenue enhancement initiatives
• Supervise the timely and accurate preparation and delivery of financial statements
• Develop detailed and insightful analysis of future earnings and capital expenses
• Develop and implement robust financial management framework for minimising financial risk.
Budgeting and Control
• Coordinate the annual budgeting process and ensure its effective implementation
• Maintain robust internal controls and policies and supervise internal financial audits.
• Develop, manage, analysis and control the budgets of all departments and Vessels.
• Prepare management reports on budget performance.
• Undertake monthly budget reviews, implement monthly variance reporting and advice on expenditure trends.
Corporate Accounting and Reporting
• Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, internal control, and petty cash.
• Implement effective procedures and controls that ensures the timely closing of the financial records including review for accuracy, cut-offs and classification in compliance with IFRS and company Standards.
• Ensure Compliance with Company's financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems
Regulatory and Tax Compliance
• Minimize the tax liabilities of the organization
• Ensure compliance with the Cabotage and the Nigerian Content Legislation and Tax requirements.
• Liaise with the external Auditors to file Accounts with FIRS.
• Process Company Tax Clearance Certificates in a timely Manner.
• Ensure full, prompt and efficient regulatory compliance
• Ensure the timely submission of accounts and returns to meet statutory reporting deadlines.
• Prepare the annual audit file and co-ordinate the annual regulatory audit process.
• Organizational skills with attention to detail
• Corporate Finance, confidentiality
• Proficient with MS Office (word, excel, Power point) a MUST and knowledge of essential accounting software usage such as Peachtree, Sage, SAP, JD Edward, Tally etc.
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
• Reporting skills, deadline-oriented, time management
• Reasoning ability, mathematical ability, and logical thinking skills
• Data entry management, Problem solving skills
Education / Experience
• The Candidate must preferably be an Associate member of ICAN/ ACCA.
• A graduate with back ground in Accounting; a master degree is highly desired.
• Must have 10 - 12 years work experience in a managerial position.
• Must be resident in Port Harcourt.
• N560,000 /M.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: email@example.com using ‘ph-Log-FC’ as subject of mail
Note: Wrongly titled applications will not be opened. Applicants who do not meet the above criteria need not apply. Please be guided.
Closing Date: 25th July, 2016
General Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index