Oxfam is a confederation of 17 Affiliates committed to creating a just world without poverty. In Nigeria Oxfam works in the areas of Economic Justice/Sustainable Livelihoods, Humanitarian programming to save lives, Advancing Gender Justice and Good governance, adopting a right based approach.
Oxfam in Nigeria with funding support from Global Affairs Canada (GAC) is implementing a five year Livelihoods and Nutrition Empowerment (LINE) project in Bauchi State. The project is aimed at improving the livelihoods for 10,000 poor and vulnerable households through increased farm productivity, enhanced market access, better nutrition and a more enabling environment for business development in 6 LGAs in Bauchi State.
Oxfam is recruiting to fill the job positions below for the Line Project:
Job Title: HR/Admin Assistant in Oxfam
• To provide effective and efficient Human Resources (BR) and administration services to help smooth program delivery, ensure that Oxfam meets its business objectives and mainstreams its core organizational values through the effective administration service, to manage recruitment, HR policies and procedures, keep up to date and accurate HR filing systems and support in all HR and administrative issues.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure compliance with all Oxfam HR policies and procedures
• Ensure effective performance management of all staff on the LINE project.
• Maintain a capacity planner, and alert line managers of upcoming staff renewal dates.
• Support with training and capacity building of staff where relevant.
• Maintain HR files on all staff in Bauchi, including performance appraisals and leave records etc
• Supervise administrative staff and ensure that all staff reporting to post holder have work plans, performance objectives and deliver to agreed set standards.
• Ensure the project Office is managed proactively and properly.
• Oversee the use of stationery and establish systems to combat wastage and abuse.
• Ensure adequate availability and timely replenishment of office supplies.
• Provide monthly admin and forecast reports for management information system, and for input into budget and audit processes.
• Any other duties as delegated.
• Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or any relevant equivalent degree.
• Three (3) years of relevant professional and progressive experience in human resources and administration.
• Previous experience working in an INGO or within a structured organization.
• Excellent organizing capabilities especially in relation to HR/Admin filling! record keeping systems and procedures.
• Ability to maintain individual and organizational confidentiality at all times.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter and Curriculum Vitae as one attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title as the subject of your email.
Applications sent in the required format will be considered and only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For enquiries contact Stella Yani at: email@example.com
Closing Date: 17th February, 2017
General Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index