Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent. Stanbic IBTC Bank is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Security Officer
Job ID: 18259
Location: Lagos Island
Job Sector: Information Technology and Services
• Group Information Technology: systems development, business analysis, architecture, project management, data warehousing, infrastructure, maintenance and production
• Responsible for performing security monitoring and incident handling to ensure the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of information assets for the Standard Bank Group.
• Partner with relevant stakeholders to maintain and improve the security posture of Business and IT.
• Develop appropriate measures to understand the effectiveness of securing the bank through the availability of systems.
• Perform monitoring via the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tool as well as from external sources (e.g. telephone or email).
• Report on false positives and escalate those to the Lead Analyst for verification.
• Document results of incidents.
• Escalate and provide feedback on incidents as per Incident Handling Classification Standard and process.
• Provide support to Lead Analyst and coordinate activities in support of Incident Containment.
• Interact with the CSIRT team by assignment from Lead Analyst or Manager of Cyber Security Operations Centre.
• Undertake incident analysis, tracking, recording, and response.
• Work with or assist other Cyber Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) members in analysis activities.
• Report new attack types or suspicious activity to the Lead Analyst.
• Update the Case Management tools with evidence trails of all analysed incidents.
Mitigation of Risk:
• Continuously report on incidents identified via the SIEM.
• Spot patterns across a number of systems to provide advanced warning on new threats.
• Have an in-depth knowledge of Stanbic IBTC’s policies, procedures, or overall IT environment. Adherence to all applicable Policies and Procedures is mandatory.
• Ad- hoc compilation and submission of M.I.S reports.
• Security incidents reporting.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
• Understanding of the CSOC and CSIRT objectives and requirements.
• Demonstrate knowledge of standards associated with the role, e.g. ISO, CobiT, ITIL.
• Understanding of incident management and case management technologies (ticketing systems).
• Relevant IT certifications.
• Working knowledge of relevant Operating Systems.
• Excellent communication and skills, written and verbal.
• TCP/IP, HTTP, network access controls, Security principles.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click Here to Apply
Closing Date: 15th August, 2016
General Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index