The American University of Nigeria (AUN) was established in 2003. The institution was conceived as Africa's first Development University. Its mission is to pioneer service learning and build leaders who will be prepared to tackle societal concerns.
Located in Yola, Adamawa State, the University is a world-class career-oriented institution missioned to be an agent of change in the development of the region. AUN has a strong commitment to providing the skills and the leadership essential to solving the continent's critical social and economic problems.
This position is local position and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria. We are seeking for suitably qualified candidate to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Instructor and Assistant Professor in American University of Nigeria
Department: School of Law
• The School of Law of the American University of Nigeria (AUN), located in Yola, Adamawa State of Nigeria, is seeking exceptionally qualified and experienced candidates for academic positions.
• We invite applications to fill four (4) full-time contract-based faculty positions in the categories of Instructors and Assistant Professors to commence July 1 2017.
Summary of Position
• In addition to teaching responsibilities, these positions will also require the publication of high-quality legal scholarship and effective participation in law faculty committees, the AUN law clinic, the AUN Moot Court and the AUN Access to Justice Programs.
• Candidates with strong professional connections to the Nigerian Bar and legal community who can mentor students and promote externship and career opportunities for them will be viewed favorably.
Requirements for the Position
• Candidates must hold at least the LL.M degree from an accredited University and Bar membership in Nigeria, and a terminal doctoral degree in law for higher ranks.
• The ideal candidates will have some experience in legal practice, excellent written and oral communications skills, proficiency in ICT, a strong commitment to legal scholarship, and a high degree of professionalism in all aspects of lawyering.
• Some exposure to the US or comparable legal system or law school system will be added advantage.
• The AUN School of Law is a private, not-for-profit institution, with a strong commitment to public interest, practical and clinical education, and advancing social justice through the law.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letter and CV's highlighting their qualifications and teaching interests, resume, a writing sample (preferably a peer-reviewed publication), and a list of references to: email@example.com
• The position being applied for should be the subject of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• AUN is an equal opportunity and non-discriminatory employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status.
Closing Date: 31st March, 2017
General Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index