Job Title: Knowledge Management Officer (KMO) in Preston Health Care Consulting Limited
Reports To: Business Development Manager (BDM)
Direct Reports: None
• To lead in developing the Preston Healthcare Consulting Knowledge Management (KM) Strategy in close collaboration with the Programme Coordinators, Grant Managers and Business Development Manager.
• To plan and develop the KM annual workplan in alignment with the Preston Healthcare Consulting Annual Business Plan and strategic objectives.
• To promote knowledge sharing through Preston’s operational processes by strengthening links between knowledge sharing and information systems, improving integration and facilitating information exchange across systems and by working in collaboration with other Managers to implement the internal KM systems and tools.
• To provide support for the establishment, nurturing and promotion of communities of practice, collaboration tools such as “activity rooms” to facilitate sharing of ideas and work among internal teams and external partners, workshops, one-on-one coaching, knowledge networks, etc.
• To provide training and support to programme teams and partners on KM tools, Replication methodologies, Knowledge Transfer and Exchange (KTE) technologies or other learning material.
• To support the regular performance monitoring and evaluation of the projects, preparation and writing of key management and monitoring reports, work plans and budgets, sustainability plans and other documents or reports as determined
• To ensure the cross cutting themes (CCT) are effectively integrated into project or activity design and implementation.
• To stay current about KM tools, trends, methods, leading knowledge transfer and exchange methods and practices through presentations, training materials, tips and best practices for collaboration, so as to continually improve the performance of this outcome area.
• To manage the contracting needs of Knowledge Management consultants or other third part/service providers. S/he will also ensure that the complete process is undertaken from drawing up Terms of Reference to contract completion and shared logging.
• To work as part of the larger Technical team, consulting programme team members, partners and other key stakeholders during programme planning and implementation.
• Manages and monitors budget allocation and expenditures related to KM.
• More specifically, the Knowledge Management Officer will support the following functions:
• Look out for new knowledge and emerging issues on topics of interest to Preston:
• Identify relevant and trustworthy sources of information.
• Create and streamline the process of systematically accessing and reviewing information (e.g. attend online webinars, downloading of journal articles).
• Identify the type of knowledge currently exist at other knowledge centres (e.g. WHO, UNICEF, GAVI, World Bank, etc), and determine what is Preston’s niche.
Generate New Knowledge
• Identify gaps in Preston knowledge on topics of interest.
• Circulate a list of potential research topics benefiting Preston and clients.
• Establish strong working relationship with universities, research institutions and implementing programmes in Nigeria and abroad.
• Distill and transfer knowledge to staff:
• Create literature review summaries.
• Present relevant knowledge in Preston Learning Exchanges and Community of Practice gatherings.
• Maintain a list of commonly asked Preston project facts and figures.
• Collect and document commonly asked questions from clients in the field.
• Manage Preston’s e-library and knowledge bases:
• Maintain an internal e-library that holds technical documents existing at Preston.
• Create criteria and process for adding content to the Preston knowledge base and make accessible online to anyone.
• Streamline the process of updating the e-library and knowledge bases.
• Train staff on how to use the e-library and knowledge bases.
• Ensure periodic back-up of all work files onto individual google drives and subsequent monthly backup to Microsoft One Drive.
• Support the expansion of the knowledge management systems
Disseminate information externally
• Share latest research findings with practitioners through written technical bulletins, newsletters, and online trainings.
• Prepare conference abstracts and academic journal papers, in collaboration with the Business Development Manager.
• Attend and present research findings in conferences and seminars in collaboration with Programme staff.
• Respond to technical inquiries by clients, students and others.
• Support business development and management functions
• Assist with proposal writing, fund development, donor reporting and public campaigns, as required.
• University Bachelors Degree in Health or Social Sciences
• Post graduate degree related to Library Sciences, International Development, Information Technology, Corporate Communications, Public Administration, etc
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience and technical expertise in the field of Knowledge Management or Capacity Development preferably in an international development organization with a proven track record of successfully implementing KM strategies
• Has worked in a developing country and has a good knowledge of international and domestic health development issues, trends and approaches
• Proven experience in the design and delivery of capacity development, coaching and mentoring activities, particularly adult learning techniques, replication of best practices
• Strong knowledge and practice of Results Based Management (RBM), experience in performance measurement and programme evaluation
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal, excellent report writing and organizational skills
• Strong computer skills (MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) familiar with new digital communications. Website management experience is desirable.
• A team player, ability to multi-task and work in cross-functional, fast-paced environments with the pressure of multiple deadlines
• Commitment to the organization’s vision, mission, values and approaches
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter and an updated CV to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 5pm 22nd July, 2016
General Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index