Job Title: Legal and Compliance Officer in Meristem Securities Limited
The role of the Compliance and Legal Officer will be to provide compliance and legal services of the highest professional standards and facilitate the transactions of Meristem by giving proactive, business oriented and creative advice. Manage legal risk in order to make transactions viable and safe.
The main responsibilities of the position include:
• Provision of prompt legal advice as required on the Company’s legal/corporate structure, business and operations and transactions
• Preparation, review, vetting and negotiation of the Company’s agreements with third parties and other contract documentation to ensure protection of company’s interest and due compliance and conformity with all aspects of applicable Laws
• Company secretarial work and Governance overview for the company
• Monitor organization-wide compliance with internal operational procedures
• Maintain an up-to-date risk register and continuously review/ address the risks facing the SPV in order to proactively establish appropriate mitigating controls and monitoring mechanisms/ frameworks
• Ensure prompt reporting of risk positions and provide advice on possible resolution of critical issues
• Keep abreast of trends/ development taking place in the capital market
• Interpretation of Legal agreements and interface with Legal Advisers
• Ensuring all departments and stakeholders are delivering on assigned tasks
• Flag any shortcoming noticed in the delivery of duties
• Follow-up with discos to ensure they meet up with their reporting obligations
• Legal documentation including Conditions Precedents and subsequent (CP and CS) of beneficiaries.
• Provide report on status of beneficiaries CS after the CS due dates
Experience & Skill
• University degree in Law
• 1-2 years relevant experience in reputable law firm with bias for energy law
Method of Application
If you feel you would be a good fit for any of these roles please send a detailed CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the JOB TITLE AS THE SUBJECT OF THE MAIL.
Please note, only qualified candidates will be shortlisted and contacted.
Closing Date: 7th March 2017
General Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index