The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development in Collaboration with International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD) and the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) is implementing a Livelihood Improvement Family Enterprise in the Niger Delta States (LIFE-ND).
To facilitate implementation of the project, the partners want qualified and competent personnel to fill the underlisted positions:
Job Title: Procurement Coordinator (PRC)
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Type: Contract (1 year)
Unit/Office: Project Coordination
- The Procurement Coordinator will be responsible for the management of project activities in accordance with relevant National and IEAD Procurement Guidelines, and building the capacity of State Procurement Officers and other project implementing partners.
- Formulate a project procurement strategy.
- Ensure that procurement is carried out such that transparency, integrity, economy, openness, fairness, competition and accountability remain the cardinal target.
- Facilitate the preparation as well as update and review of the yearly procurement plan while ensuring that procurement activities are carried out as per the approved procurement plan.
- Prepare and consolidate Quarterly Tracking Procurement Plan.
- Maintain and regularly update the contract register and No Objection tracker.
- Prepare and periodically update the data base of vendors, suppliers and consultants.
- Facilitate the preparation of technical specifications/terms of reference for procurement of goods, works and services.
- Handle issues relating to contract negotiation, complaints and debriefing.
- Prepare bidding documents, tender notices, and invitations for bids.
- Receive, open and evaluate bids, as well as finalize contracts.
- Administer contracts to ensure compliance with the contracts conditions, payment terms.
- Maintain all the records relating to procurement.
- Prepare procurement implementation reports in accordance with the reporting requirements of IFAD and the Government and consolidated reports for the entire project.
- Provide guidance and supervision to the states, the beneficiaries and service providers.
- Ensure that the procurement capacity of the states, beneficiaries and. service providers is developed.
- Organise and conduct training for procurement staff and participants.
- Carry out any other duties assigned by the Regional Programme Coordinator.
Reporting and Location
- The position will be in the RPCO located in Port Harcourt. The PRC will report directly to the PC.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s or Higher Level University Degree in Engineering, Finance, Management, Purchasing or equivalent qualifications.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant post qualification experience.
- Strong background and experience in successfully carrying out procurement using similar procedures, methods, specifications etc.
- Knowledge (at least 5 years) of internationally accepted ‘best practice’ systems, the Nigerian Procurement Laws and Guidelines and experience in working with Donor Funded Projects.
- Good writing skills and good computer skills.
- Demonstrate team spirit, good interpersonal and conflict management skills.
- Integrity and confidentiality.
- Interpersonal and time management skills.
Closing Date: 26th April, 2019
General Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index