Job Title: Program Coordinator in Preston Health Care Consulting Limited
• The Program Coordinator (PC) supports the Technical Director by performing duties related to planning, directing and monitoring both the programmatic content quality, timeliness and operational activities of assigned projects.
• They also coordinate necessary project orientation and supervision for programme officers and other staff on their teams.
In order to excel in the job, a program coordinator must:
• Have good problem solving skills, be resourceful and take the initiative when needed.
• Have a good understanding and knowledge of the technical requirements of health development project management assigned as well as the structure and functionality of the unit.
• Be able to work independently and to be organized in their work to ensure that tasks are completed in a timely manner.
• Have excellent communication skills and be professional when dealing with all aspects of assigned projects, including client management.
• Supports the Technical Director by scheduling and chairing project management meetings, providing regular updates on project status, coordinating project execution (study protocol development, field work, reports relevant to the residency program, implementation of policies.
• Develops a time-line and budget for the life-cycle of each project
• Supports the Technical Director in prioritization of activities based on client expectations and deliverable deadlines
• Leads in the preparation and execution of fieldwork
• Leads in the preparation and execution of data collection, collation and analysis
• Leads in coordination of team assignments, including Consultants (ToRs, Contracts, time sheet and report approval)
• Leads in generating Payment Lists for assigned Fieldworkers
• Liaises with Logistics and Admin and Finance to ensure projects are undertaken smoothly.
• Reports directly to the Technical Director
• Team Programme Officers report to the Programme Coordinator
• Have a minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in health systems development, with specific expertise and in depth knowledge in one or more of the following development areas: Malaria, Nutrition, HIV and/or Adolescent Health. At least three years’ experience should be with international NGOs or Bilateral Agencies.
• Have a Masters degree in Public Health
• Have in depth knowledge and a good understanding of research and field survey methodology.
• Have strong technical writing, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Must have a strong work ethic, be a team builder and demonstrable leadership skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter and an updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 5pm 22nd July, 2016
General Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index