Job Title: Project Manager (Quantity Surveyor) in Food Production Company
Reporting To: Managing Director
• To maximize project margin and add value to the construction process by proactive involvement in cost management, reporting and facility management.
• To carry out monthly financial reviews on projects and forecast final outturn values for cost, sales and margin.
• Maximize value of monthly applications and measurement and submission of contract variations.
• To carry out monthly valuations of work in progress, including forecasting of final costs and sales.
• Prepare and monitor project cashflow forecasts.
• Measure, value, submit and negotiate contract variations.
• Provide advice to project staff on commercial and contractual matters including reviewing and drafting of correspondence.
• Prepare submit and negotiate project final accounts.
• Ensure that business commercial processes are adhered to at project level.
• Assist in preparation and adherence to project purchasing targeting and costing budgets.
• Able to work well within a team based environment.
• Communicate regularly with project staff and specialist subcontractors to ensure commercial controls are in place, understood and followed at all times.
• Manage and produce accurate formal reports in accordance with business timetable.
• Monitor all commercial information in relation to project including labour, material and sub-contractor cost forecasting thus ensuring budgets adhered to.
• Technically sound in Quantity Surveying / Cost Management with demonstrable commercial experience.
• Minimum 5 years quantity surveying experience within a contracting organization.
• Commercially astute, numerate, risk averse & able to accurately forecast cost & sales.
• Multi-tasking, self-motivated, energetic team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
• Have good practical organization skills, planning of resources and program scheduling.
• Be able to provide both summarized and detailed reports, on current activities.
• IT Literate able to use Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
• Smart and professional appearance.
• Good command of written and spoken English.
• Customer focused.
• Communicator & motivator with ability to communicate across all levels of seniority from the workforce through to Senior Management level.
• ‘Can do’ attitude to work.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: email@example.com
Note: Candidates should indicate the position of which they are applying for in the subject line.
Closing Date: 7th November, 2016
General Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index