The College of Education - In keeping with the Edict setting up the Institution (Bendel State of Nigeria, Gazette No. 25) which empowers the Council to recommend three candidates to the visitor (The Executive Governor of the State) to appoint a substantive Provost the Council now invites suitably qualified academics with cognate experience at teaching and administration at tertiary level of Education (University, College of Education and Polytechnic) to apply for the post of Provost, College of Education, Warri.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Provost
• The Provost shall be the Head and Chief Executive of the College.
• The Provost shall perform such other Functions as may be conferred upon him/her by the Council,
• The Provost shall execute the decisions of the Council.
• The Provost shall be responsible to the Council for the day-to-day Management of the College.
• The Provost shall maintain discipline amongst staff and students of the College.
• The Provost shall cater for the welfare and interest of the staff and students of the College.
Qualifications and Experience
Interested candidates for the post of the Provost of the College of Education, Warri, shall be:
• Distinguished scholars who should preferably have a Ph.D. Degree and should have been at least a Reader/Chief Lecturer in rank for at least 5 years and should have, at least, five national or international publications after attaining the Status of a Reader/Chief Lecturer if candidate is from the College of Education or a Polytechnic.
• The candidate must be a qualified Teacher. That is, must have a Degree in Education or Post Graduate Diploma in Education.
• The candidate should not have attained the age of 60 years on appointment.
• The candidate must be detribalized and be able to carry along both students and staff from diverse ethnic, religious and social backgrounds. In other words, the candidate must not be a scholar who would bring division to the College along ethnic, political, religious, gender and other related divisive characteristics.
• The candidate must have a sound, clear and well articulated Vision and Mission for the College for the next five (5) years.
• The candidate must have the intellectual, emotional, moral and other traits that are likely to command the respect and loyalty of the students, staff and the entire college community.
• The candidate must be physically strong, emotionally stable and have excellent health status.
• The candidate must have evidence of considerable scholarly both nationally and internationally.
• The candidate must be a scholar who has unassailable high moral standards and have the skills for best practices in the management of students, staff and other resources of the College.
• The candidate must be proficient in the use of information and Communication
• Technology (ICT) in teaching, research and administration of the College.
• The candidate should be able to motivate staff for best practices in the production of NCE teachers for the Delta State in particular and Nigeria in general.
• The candidate must be able to relate effectively and productively with the State Government, Non-governmental Agencies and other statutory bodies like NCCE and TETFUND.
• The candidate must demonstrate ability to relate well with students and staff and be able to minimize or give zero tolerance to examination malpractices and cult related activities.
• The Provost will hold office for a period of five (5) years, only.
Conditions of Service
• The conditions of service for the Provost are as applicable to Provost of College of Education in Nigeria,
Method of Application
Interested candidates should note and comply with the following conditions:
• Each application letter (25) copies should be accompanied by 25 copies of the candidate’s detailed "Curriculum Vitae" (CV) signed and dated by the candidate. The CV must contain among others - the name of the candidate in full, age, marital status, nationality. Educational attainment with dates, Research output academic and non- academic recognition. Professional achievements, scholarly publications in renowned domestic and international journals with dates, as well as books and chapters in books.
• Each application should be accompanied by a certificate of birth or statutory Declaration of Age and certificate of medical fitness based on documented comprehensive medical examination from a government hospital.
• A statement of the candidate’s vision and mission for the College of Education, Warn for the next (5) years.
• Each candidate must have three (3) Referees who should be requested by the candidate to forward their Referee’s reports directly to the registrar under confidential cover. Such referees should be in a position to attest to the candidate’s claim to high academic standard, managerial capacity and moral uprightness. The Referee’s report should reach the Registrar not later than four (4) weeks of this publication.
All short-listed candidates will be required to attend an interview at an appointed date.
All applications are to be forwarded either by hand or courier under confidential cover in an envelope marked at the upper left hand corner, "Provost College of Education, Warri", to:
The Registrar and Secretary to the Governing Council,
College of Education, Warri,
Closing Date: 11th April, 2016
Check other pages below for more jobs
| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109
General Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index