Job Title: Research Assistant in Kranite Nigeria Limited
- The primary role is to support the experimental programs within the drilling department. This is a practical ‘hands on’ job and will include a wide range of different tasks including:
- Developing instrumentation systems using Labview or similar tools.
- Fault finding on existing equipment
- Procuring and preparing rocks, fluids and test hardware
- Developing experimental equipment, which could include anything from simple bench top experiments to complete full scale mechanical systems
- Specifying, procuring and commissioning sensors, instrumentation and test equipment
- Developing, Designing, Running experiments and making measurements in SGR and occasionally on field tests away from home
- Analysing experimental data using Matlab, Python or similar tools
- Interacting closely with colleagues in other disciplines.
- Practical skills, an innate curiosity, and a proven ability to learn new techniques and technologies are very important.
- Previous work experience in a research environment and experience with Matlab, Python and Labview would be advantageous.
- A good first degree or higher qualification in Engineering, Physics or Scientific discipline is preferred.
- However, applicants with other qualifications and proven relevant experience will be considered.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV's to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 27th June, 2017
General Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index