Job Title: Risk Management Officer in Meristem Securities Limited
• A suitably qualified and experienced risk management professional with the ability to translate strategic and operational objectives into risk management priorities. This vital role is responsible for the review and continuous improvement of the risk management policy, strategy, framework and systems to achieve an integrated and strong risk management program and culture across the organisation.
The main responsibilities of the position include:
• Planning, designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the organisation
• Risk assessment and evaluation; establishing and quantifying the organisation's 'risk appetite', i.e. the level of risk that we are prepared to accept
• Risk reporting in an appropriate way for different audiences, for example, to the board of directors so they understand the most significant risks, to business unit heads to ensure they are aware of risks relevant to their parts of the business and to individuals to understand their accountability for individual risks, as well as corporate governance involving external risk reporting to stakeholders
• Carrying out processes such as purchasing insurance, implementing health and safety measures and making business continuity plans to limit risks and prepare for if things go wrong
• Conducting audits of policy and compliance to standards, including liaison with internal and external auditors
• Providing support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the organisation
Experience & Skill
• At least, 5 years of experience on a similar position in the banking sector/financial services sector
• A good first degree in Business Administration/Management Science/Social Science related discipline preferably in Accounting, Finance or Economics
• Professional qualification e.g. FRM, will be an added advantage
• The ideal candidate must be attentive to details, possess interpersonal and communication skills, able to negotiate skillfully, possess strong ethics and integrity
Method of Application
If you feel you would be a good fit for any of these roles please send a detailed CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the JOB TITLE AS THE SUBJECT OF THE MAIL.
Please note, only qualified candidates will be shortlisted and contacted.
Closing Date: 7th March 2017
General Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index