Job Title: Senior Analytical Chemist in Ornamental Agro-Allied Enterprises
• Familiar with and has experience in fire science and/or UL certification testing and capable of problem solving using reliable analytical data obtained by various analytical techniques (X-ray fluorescent, inductively coupled plasma instrumentation, etc).
• Must write clear and concise reports from analysis of the data.
• Responsible for providing timely responses to internal and external requests and for providing accurate quotes for external customer projects.
• Knowledge of UL certification testing.
• Ability to execute testing in the area of Polymer fire science utilizing Cone Calorimeter, Oxygen Index and other tests to resolve issues.
• Perform the routine and experimental analytical methods and protocols in an accurate and reproducible manner.
• Contributes ideas to members of a group formed to resolve analytical problems.
• Sets priorities for analytical projects to help bring them to completion in a timely fashion.
• Assists senior scientists within the group as the demands of the businesses change.
• Directs the work of junior staff assigned to them.
• Understand chemistry as it relates to flammability of polymers.
• Responsible for the safe operation of the XRF and ICP labs providing solutions for problems involving metals analyses.
• Understand inorganic chemistry as it relates to the performance of polymers.
• Provides project management for analytical projects from within the organization as well as from external customers.
• Prepares and presents technical documents to customers.
• Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or other related field.
• Advanced degree is a plus.
• Can apply multiple theories and concepts in experimentation and trouble-shooting.
• Has more in-depth scientific understanding and relevant experience.
• Work speed is faster with better accuracy.
• Familiar with EHS standards and codes.
• Has technical proficiency to be self-sufficient.
• Understands Design of Experiment.
• Understands customer requirements and translates them into technical projects.
• Capable or leading project teams.
• Developing network of customer and vendor contacts.
• Growing understanding of customer markets and applications.
• Has attended conferences and industry shows and begun to build market knowledge and trends.
• Has visited customers and presented technical work.
• Expands technical network beyond his/her own Business Unit.
• Capable of developing new tests and approaches.
• External Awareness
• Gets buy-in from others for personal projects.
• Comfortable giving oral presentations.
• Provides clear communication on larger projects to wider audiences.
• Had demonstrated ability to complete more complex experimentation/projects on time and within budget.
• Completed projects have resulted in direct financial gains for Business Unit.
• Clearly understands how project outcome impacts business unit top and bottom lines.
• Can explain PolyOne’s strategies externally from a high level.
• Aware of testing and other technology costs and strives to minimize them.
• Aware of options of IP protections.
• Provides necessary input for technician performance.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 30th November, 2016
General Vacancies Index
Main Job Vacancies Index